What's new

lost gun on a Toshiba 65HDX82 (1 Viewer)

Andy_Bales

Auditioning
I have had this beast for 2 weeks. Twice it has powered up and not had the ??? gun (white people's faces were blue instead of white). Turn off and back on, it was fine for hours no problem.

Panic and return? Don't sweat it?

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
From what I've seen in the auto industry,if an electronic componant is "born"bad it will usually take a dump very early in life.Id call the store now and inform them,myself,I'd just go for a return and new unit.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Have you checked to make sure all of the component cables are firmly attached? I only mention this because, one time, I had a picture that would go in and out of being very off colored. I did find that one of my component cables had come loose.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
This is certainly a defect. Call for service under warranty or return the unit. (After double-checking those cables, of course.)

Jan

Andy_Bales

Auditioning
Pretty tempting to go check the cables since this was an online order and it was shipped. The box was roughed up, but no damage or scratches. The next time it does it, I will go snooping. I really don't want to return it, as it is so large and shipping is $249. I got the 5yr in-house warrenty, so if it does cr#p out, well they better get their butts over to fix this [I did not want to work it myself, although I guess I could]. I agree with the automotive reasoning, I suspect it will go bad sometime too. Other than that it has been a great set!
Thanks for the responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks