What's new

Lost Girl Season 2 (SyFy) (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Premieres next week, the 16th, after the return of Eureka.

I understand the Second Season is 22 eps (or something like that). Good deal, because Season 1 was a nice find (IMHO). I can definitely deal with more Bo & Kedzi. The show has that really fun early-seasons of Angel vibe to it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I love that season 2 kicks off 1 week after season 1 ended. This show is great camp fun. Maybe a bit goofy at times but a total blast.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This show has a really fast moving feel to it. It does feel the void of something like Buffy or Angel really good stuff this week.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This show really ups the production values in Season 2.. and whoever is doing the script writing, it's surprisingly fast moving, coy, and pretty damn funny. This weeks had the good combo of a great action plot (a hotel that gets taken over by an evil fae) and a frankly hilarious sub-plot about brownies (the fae kind, not the food).
My wife commented the show reminded her of Charmed; but frankly this is way better then Charmed. Hilarious stuff.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This show definitely doesn't get enough love.. it's cute, funny, great looking characters.. and I really like the direction of Season 2. Every week has just the right mix of action/comedy. So, with that said, it's good to note that SyFy has picked up Season 3!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/syfy-acquires-third-season-of-lost-girl/

Duane R

Second Unit
Season One will be available in October here in the U.S.
http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Girl-Season-Anna-Silk/dp/B008CJ0KBU/ref=tmm_dvd_title_0

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Good news. I'll hold onto my DVR HD editions unless a bluray ships.. but I have REALLY enjoyed Season 2 so far. This show manages to grab onto most of what I liked about a series ala Angel, and the punchy humor at times really sells the story

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This show continues to really surprise me. It's fun, it plays fast and loose, but the world they are crafting is surprisingly rich and the mythos that they develop along with it is fun to play with. I think the expanding story around the Blood King is really a great bit of creative writing, it's an entirely different way to look at the mythos and yet it totally works. I think a lot of shows like this just take the easy tropes and play with them because everyone is familiar with it. Friday nights for this really fit, it takes over the slot that used to be say, Sanctuary etc. and it really makes the most of it.

This show does remind me a LOT Of later seasons of Angel.. but you know what? I loved Angel. So, I'm OK with that

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks