Lost classic found: Beyond The Rocks (1922)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mark_vdH, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Screenwriter

Pretty big news in Holland:

The only movie which stars both Rudolph Valentino and Gloria Swanson has been found: Sam Wood's Beyond The Rocks (1922). It has been found searching the archives of a Dutch collector that recently passed away. Currently restoration work is being done, the movie will be publicly viewable in 2005.

[​IMG]

EDIT: The BBC have a nice article up at their website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3635019.stm

2. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

This is fantastic news! Any found film is a terrific contribution to cinematic history but a film with both Valentino AND Swanson! [​IMG] This film frequently makes top 10 lists of most regrettably lost movies and it'll be a treat to see once it's fully restored.

I wonder if they'll find anything else??

3. Brian W.

Brian W. Screenwriter

Brian
    That's very exciting! I can't wait to see it. Isn't it funny how a film I had no particular interest in seeing suddenly becomes exciting simply because it's "lost"? [​IMG]

4. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

This is excellent news. I've never heard of the film previously, but anticpate watching it.

Hopefully, they'll find more gems in this collection. Why do people have these collections, but do nothing with them? I'm continually amazed that it takes sombody's death to find some films.