Lost and Delirious (Seville)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark McLeod, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

I had the extreame pleasure of receiving an advance copy of this excellent independant film.
    Here's a plot summary from the IMDB
    Lost and Delirious is the story of three adolescent girls' first love, their discovery of sexual passion, and their search for identities. Set in a posh, private boarding school surrounded by luxuriant, green forest, Lost and Delirious moves swiftly from academic routine, homesickness, and girlish silliness to the darker region of lover's intrigue.
    --
    My quick thoughts on the disc. Amazing movie, excellent video, exceptional audio and a handful of extras. A must purchase if your a fan of the film.
    You can find my full review linked from my website at http://www.madmanmark.com
    [Edited last by Mark McLeod on November 15, 2001 at 06:36 PM]

2. PeteD

PeteD Stunt Coordinator

Excellent movie.. A little too contrived in some places, but a compelling watch nonetheless.
    P.

3. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Am I right...

Canada version 16x9

U.S. not

4. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

5. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Well,

I went to Videoflicks.com and ordered the canadian version.

6. Andrew Walsh

Andrew Walsh Stunt Coordinator

And you will be sorely disappointed. I saw the DVD at Future Shop, and whoop dee doo, it's freaking P&S. I was apoplectic, I really want to buy this, but there's NO WAY IN HELL I'm getting anything but widescreen. I mean, what the hell are they thinking? Did they just do a dump from the VHS master? Every time we gain ground, we lose more ground. It's slipping away from us...

EDIT: When I checked out the FS website, it says WS, but the reviewer says the box said P&S, but it was actually WS. Maybe it's just a misprint on the box after all. I'll make them check when I pop into FS tomorrow.

7. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

I'm the reviewer and the disc is 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
    As for the transfer. It's actually quite good and very representive of what I saw in the theater.
    It is simply a labelling error. The disc I have and received from Seville is the exact same as the ones at Futureshop
    You can find my review below on my website.
    Mark

8. Andrew Walsh

Andrew Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Well thank god. I'm picking this up tomorrow. Thanks!