What's new

Lost and Delirious (Seville) (1 Viewer)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I had the extreame pleasure of receiving an advance copy of this excellent independant film.
Here's a plot summary from the IMDB
Lost and Delirious is the story of three adolescent girls' first love, their discovery of sexual passion, and their search for identities. Set in a posh, private boarding school surrounded by luxuriant, green forest, Lost and Delirious moves swiftly from academic routine, homesickness, and girlish silliness to the darker region of lover's intrigue.
--
My quick thoughts on the disc. Amazing movie, excellent video, exceptional audio and a handful of extras. A must purchase if your a fan of the film.
You can find my full review linked from my website at Link Removed
[Edited last by Mark McLeod on November 15, 2001 at 06:36 PM]

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent movie.. A little too contrived in some places, but a compelling watch nonetheless.
P.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Am I right... Canada 16x9 US not
John,
I'm not really sure. Details on the US disc are really non existant. I know that it won't have the special features and according to DVDPlanet it will only be in DD 2.0 Stereo. Studio Home Entertainment is releasing the disc and I've had problems locating information on their disc. Having said that Seville's Canadian disc is quite good and can be found for sale at US online retailer Link Removed

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
And you will be sorely disappointed. I saw the DVD at Future Shop, and whoop dee doo, it's freaking P&S. I was apoplectic, I really want to buy this, but there's NO WAY IN HELL I'm getting anything but widescreen. I mean, what the hell are they thinking? Did they just do a dump from the VHS master? Every time we gain ground, we lose more ground. It's slipping away from us...

EDIT: When I checked out the FS website, it says WS, but the reviewer says the box said P&S, but it was actually WS. Maybe it's just a misprint on the box after all. I'll make them check when I pop into FS tomorrow.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I'm the reviewer and the disc is 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
As for the transfer. It's actually quite good and very representive of what I saw in the theater.
It is simply a labelling error. The disc I have and received from Seville is the exact same as the ones at Futureshop
You can find my review below on my website.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks