loss of sync during dvd/divx playback.. remote problem??

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Nathan Smith, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith Agent

Feb 28, 2003
    whenever i play a dvd any time i change the track position it looses sync somtimes ALOT

also whenever i use my remote for anyfunctions it seems to loose sync

and whenever i use any IR device ie my reciever remote DIVX movies' audio tracks get realy messed up like bad white noise then it slowly fades back to normal till i send another IR command

Abit kt400
    Radeon 9700 (3.4 cats)
    pacbell IR reciever
    IR software;
    girder w/ igor plugin

i realy like using my pc for media playback but i would like to get this lil sync/remote problem worked out thx

2. Brad kl

Brad kl Auditioning

Jun 9, 2003
    with DivX movies, first, assuming you encoded them yourself, check how you encoded, if you use too high of a bitrate, many computers just can't keep up with it, and the audio will lag. try re-encoding with a lower bitrate.

But, since that normally wouldn't affect DVDs at all on a decent computer, it may be a conflict with your soundcard, if it only happens when you use your remote, check your COM port settings to be sure there are no conflicts, you could try something like listening to MP3 files and using your remote to see if that affects the sound (white noise, etc) as well, and if so, change some settings on your sound card or COM port.

finally, depending on your soundcards software, check if you have any extra options turned on which could affect the sound. if you have sound software installed, turn off any extra options and see if that helps.