Loss of Audio with DVD's

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Leonard B, May 3, 2004.

1. Leonard B

Leonard B Stunt Coordinator

I have recently developed a problem with losing audio while playing dvd's. I have a Kenwood 6060 and a Sony 530 dvd player. When a movie is playing, (DD or DTS), the sound mode changes to analogue and there is no sound. I've tried turning the receiver and dvd player off and on, but that doesn't seem to help. Is my dvd player going bad, does its lense need a cleaning, or is it the digital audio outputs on my receiver the problem? This has happened with several different dvds, so it is not a scratch problem. This has really been puzzling me. Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    It is almost certainly the player. I experienced the same thing with my old 560, but turning the player completely off and back on seemed to take care of it the two times it happened. I replaced it anyway.

3. Roger Dressler

Roger Dressler Stunt Coordinator

>>Is my dvd player going bad, does its lense need a cleaning, or is it the digital audio outputs on my receiver the problem?

4. Leonard B

Leonard B Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

5. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

Just a note: when trying the analog connections your DVD player might turn off analog when DTS is selected. My player a Panasonic RP62 shuts off the analog for DTS, but analog remains present when using DD.