What's new

Losing my cookies? (1 Viewer)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I've noticed every once in a while when I access the forum I'm "logged out" and have to log in again. Usually this happens once every few weeks but it happened twice this week. Does the login cookie expire after a period of time? I'm running IE 5.5 btw.

Thanks... KJP

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Kevin:

You had the "Browse the board with cookies" turned on and this does have a cookie timeout. You also have the "Automatically login" enabled and when the two of them are turned on at the same time it will intermittently take out your cookie off your PC.

So I turned the "Browse the board with cookies" off. This should resolve your situation.

Parker

Kevin P

Screenwriter
FYI - my cookie just got eaten again. Almost exactly a week later. Does the login cookie have a 1-week expiration by any chance?
I just happened to login to another VBulletin forum with the "Automatically login" selected and "Browse with cookies" turned off. Could this have caused it. I doubt it though, since one site's cookies should have no effect on another site's cookies.
EDIT: I just purged all my cookies from IE and re-logged in. The cookie appears to have a 1 year expiration when I look at it in IE. Let's see if this one lasts more than a week. :)
KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks