Losing cookies?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by McPaul, Feb 27, 2002.

1. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    I noticed this a month or two ago, it's alwasy been distracting and I never knew what caused it. It seems I am losing my cookies on this forum. This is the only place where it has happened (that I have noticed it happening) I just noticed it happening today. I have the forum bookmarked, and that is how I always enter. But I clicked 'refresh' today and noticed that my cookies were gone. Reason being is that I started seeing all signatures again, and it would only show posts from this day in the movies section I went to.

Like I said, it has happened many times before, but I never noticed what caused it. Today it was presing 'refresh'. There could be other causes as I don't usually have to click refresh while in the forum.

2. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    Browsers can only store a certain number of cookies. Once you go over that, it starts replacing the cookies. Chances are, visiting lots of sites with banner ads that place cookies on your machine is the culprit.

3. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Hmmm.. I've never had any problems with the HTF until just recently, the last month or 2. Before that it was fine though.

I have also tried deleting cookies and logging in again, but it's still doing it obviously... Thanks Joe