What's new

Los Angeles Dishnetwork people....re: local channels (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I am considering Dish Network (my folks already have it in L.A.) and of course I want to order the local channels if I subscribe to Dish. I have noticed in my research on the internet, that between DirectTV and Dish, Direct TV offers one more L.A. local channel than Dish does (That channel is the local independant station KCAL 9, which carries the Laker Games, etc....).
I called the numbers at Dish Network asking if they were going to be providing KCAL 9 in their L.A. local lineup soon.....telling them that Direct TV is providing the channel already to L.A. subscribers. Their customer service reps had no clue and offered no help on the issue.
Has anyone heard anything about KCAL 9 being added to the Dish Network L.A. local lineup? Any other numbers we can call, other than the general Dish customer service number, to request that Dish add this L.A. station?
------------------
Regards,
Brian W. Ralston
"Success is a Journey, Not a Destination." - Unknown

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Your best bet would be to call KCAL. Dish CSR's are usually clueless about everything. If KCAL has requested to be carried by Dish, then they should be up by the end of the year when the "Must Carry" law kicks in. Also, Dish is sending up a spot beam satellite in December to carry most of its local channels.
-Robert

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Don't hold your breath on KCAL. It's owned by Young Broadcasting, which is holding back all their stations from E* (including the ABC affiliate in Knoxville and NBC affiliate in San Francisco) to punish E* for speaking up against them and other broadcasters over a Sattelite and cable bill passed by Congress a year or two ago.
Of course, Young Broadcasting claims that they've given E* a "fair" offer, the truth is they want them to pay 4x as much as D* and local cable pay for their broadcast channels.
-Lyle J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks