What's new

Los Angeles Area HTF Members Invited to Fox Screening of ALIEN (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
3afd22fe446dea1a3a0e8ea0b0867c99_Alien_InviteV1.jpg

We set up this screening program to introduce our friends and colleagues to the movies we love. It's also a great way for us to revisit the films on the big screen that are ingrained in the history of 20th Century Fox. We hope you'll join us next Wednesday, June 25th for ALIEN.

The location is kept secret, but we can tell you it's at a very notable location in a private screening room.
HTF members are encouraged to bring family and friends to this event. There is a total of 30 slots available. All we ask is that if you commit to the event, please be certain you can attend. When you cancel, you may be taking away a space that could have gone to someone else.

Here is how you can attend....

1. Send a private message to Ronald Epstein. You will find the private message link below my name on the upper corner of this post
2. Please send me the names of all the individuals attending in your party as they appear on their drivers license. There will be a security check.

You can always see how many slots are remaining by checking back on the number below!

SEATS AVAILABLE

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Wish I could be there, a masterful film! Scared the daylights out of me the first time I saw it and my wife wouldn't speak to me for a week for dragging her to see it! :)

Mark

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
In Los Angeles, no one can here me scream in Arkansas, because I'd really like to be there for this. Arrrrrrrrghhhh!!!

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I won't be able to make it that night (I love these screenings) but out of curiosity, which cut of the movie will be shown?

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I can't be there plane ticket would cost a lot and visa/passport would take months lol and by then its finished.

I do enjoy A L I E N since seeing on VHS rental linear on Hitachi with Dolby B, around 1982. I was too young to see this at the local Gaumount screen 2 when it opened in 1979 as it was rated "X" lol. My dad's friend, told me. It was scary. He almost told me all the spoilers, not that I mind. Its can you explain the soundtrack mix?

I have enjoyed seeing ALIEN years later at the local Cannon screen 2, double bill (around 1990) ALIEN / ALIENS in 35mm DOLBY STEREO A-type. I seen ALIENS dozens times before it was seeing ALIEN in scope over the P/S on TV or VHS tape around the time as letterbox editions didn't appear until a few years later.

Have watched ALIEN and enjoyed CAV laserdisc DOLBY STEREO then yeas later in DOLBY STEREO 5.1 on DVD region 2, then bought the quad box that was a bit botched up on the remix of the ALIEN, but least ALIENS theatrical was thrilling in DOLBY 5.1. Then bought ALIEN region 1 DVD and then bluray cheap price for box-set. More recently bought ALIEN on THX AC-3 70mm Laserdisc and that was quite a different listening experience.

If I wanted to see ALIEN again it would be all first thee in 70mm six-track Dolby Stereo A and SR as not listened to them in 70mm. Heard ALIEN 3 in 35mm DOLBY STEREO SR at the local UCI around 1992. in smaller screen 1, DOLBY CP55 with SRA5 module.

Onkyo TX SR875 with professional DOLBY STEREO CP500 duel-CP45 CP65 SONY DYNAMIC DIGITAL SOUND DFP-D3000 and Lucasfilm Ltd THX sound system.

Present ALIEN (1979) 70mm six-track DOLBY STEREO mag masters DOLBY STEREO DIGITAL AC-3 THX / JBL 49 speakers with expansion overhead and below surround channels exclusive to this THX cinema in the UK.

10452965_10152505013740149_1727073958796125537_o.jpg

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Saw this when it was released. Still remember the girl I was with.
Wonder what she's doing now.......... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks