What's new

Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum (2026) (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
What we really need is a film adaptation of National Lampoon's Bored of the Rings.

"The tumult of their charge would've woken the dead...if they were not already bringing up the rear."

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Strange- I don’t remember McKellen being in the Hobbit films- I saw them once, and they didn’t leave an impression on me. Hopefully they can work out where he is in the LOTR Gollum film.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
He's pretty central to the plot and action in The Hobbit. He's the catalyst for the entire quest, bringing together the dwarves with Bilbo, and sending them on their journey, checking in periodically as he tries to uncover Azog's plans, occasionally saving them from peril (Beorn's house, goblins), and fighting beside them in the Battle of the Five Armies.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I only saw The Hobbit films once each when they came out in theaters and not since. I wouldn't consider myself an expert on them by any means. But Gandalf is most definitely a significant character in them. He is, of course, also In the source novel.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Another spinoff idea: Bring in Terrence Malick to do a really long and ponderous, yet beautifully filmed (with lots of voiceover!) Adventures of Treebeard and the Ents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jreich
Recent bookmarks