What's new

Lord of the Rings in 3D rumblings resurface (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Am I missing something, or did Peter Jackson film everything with two cameras? And no one noticed until now.

Please! Rumblings—what exactly does that mean?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I certainly don't know the specifics but there's a way that they can 'turn' 2-D movies into 3-D. They've been talking about doing 3-D versions of the Star Wars saga and James Cameron movies (Titanic, Terminator 2) for a couple of years too.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Yes, they can do this from a 2D image. They have already done this for Star Wars. (few minutes)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The 2-D to 3-D digital conversion was done for four sequences in "Superman Returns" and also for the climactic final scenes of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". Looked pretty good too, although I can't begin to imagine how much work it would be to do an entire feature film.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Interesting idea, and a good excuse to see these films in a theater again, if true.

But if New Line needs some cash to help it through its current turmoil, why not just release the damn films on Blu Ray? I'm pining for these films in high-def.

--Jefferson Morris

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator
Oh great ! Next there will be a Bluray 3-D player for about $ 1,500 - $ 2,500 and they will sell the 3D DVD for about $ 100 - 300 each !

Just Kiddin

Jonesy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Geoff

I believe the main reason Hollywood is pushing 3D is to thwart camcorder-produced bootlegs sold in other parts of the world, but you're right, it might produce a new revenue stream for the home market.

Jonesy
MOVIE THEATRE REVIEWS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks