What's new

Lord of the Rings & Help! (Beatles): Similarities! (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
It struck me that there are actually a ton of similarities between the Lord of the Rings films and the 1965 Beatles film, Help!

What do you think?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Did you know that the Beatles wanted to make their own Lord of the Rings movie? It's cool that they liked it, and I like them. But, man I bet that would have stunk.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Actually, so far I think LOTR has far more references (whether they're intentional or not doesn't matter) to Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I've laughed at supposedly serious moments in FOTR and TTT because they remind me of moments in that Python masterpiece, right down to Howard Shore's bombastic music which goes from inspiring to dreadful from scene to scene. And the first time Gandalf said "RUN!" when the Balrog showed up, I almost fell out of my chair in the theater because he sounded exactly like Graham Chapman yelling "RUN AWAY!!!" :D

-Dennis

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator
HELP! and the Lord of the Rings (trilogy) would make a great double feature :D (err... quadruple feature?)

I wish I had a copy of HELP! on DVD :frowning: :'(

I only have the VHS I got in 1997

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Written in the Dwarven book in Balin's tomb:

"We cannot get out. They are coming. Aaaaaaaaaahhhh!"

:)

Evan

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Evan: EXACTLY- See my sig. I was ROTFLMAO when I saw the script go all off the page, as if:

(See Sig Below) :D :D

-Dennis

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Well Ringo was in it, um 'Lord of the Ringo' anyone? :D
Wait, it rings a bell now, wasn't it about some bad guys searching for a special ring that somehow ended up on Ringo's finger?
Something like that I'm sure, haven't seen it in ages.
Ringo's Ring of Power! ;)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Here are some I found (I wanted to see if anyone could list some they found):

Four Beatles in Help!, four Hobbits in LOTR.
In Help!, two scientists want the ring to rule the world. In LOTR, Sauruman wants the ring to rule the world.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Actually, so far I think LOTR has far more references (whether they're intentional or not doesn't matter) to Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I've laughed at supposedly serious moments in FOTR and TTT because they remind me of moments in that Python masterpiece, right down to Howard Shore's bombastic music which goes from inspiring to dreadful from scene to scene. And the first time Gandalf said "RUN!" when the Balrog showed up, I almost fell out of my chair in the theater because he sounded exactly like Graham Chapman yelling "RUN AWAY!!!"
Thank you! :emoji_thumbsup: I can now never watch these movies without thinking about those scenes! You have now forever ruined The Lord of the Rings Trilogy for me!

No hard feelings!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks