What's new

Lord of the Rings extended DVD (1 Viewer)

Michael Eriksen

Stunt Coordinator
It seems all the most special discs always are the ones who lack subtitles. Pearl Harbour and other vista series, infinifilms, anchorbay, artisan.....Dosent seem right.

I dont think there are subtitles on the extended FOTR version since its listed nowhere I´ve seen. On the other hand its listed as a feature on the normal version everywhere.

I just cancelled my Rambo trilogi order, and the lack of subtitles was the deciding factor on that decision. I gotta have FOTR 5-disc version regardless, I just would enjoy it so much more with the subtitles.

Michael

Kenneth Vestergaard

Stunt Coordinator
True.

The FOTR 4-disc set is however not part of New Line's infinifilm series, it's part of their Platinum Series. As far as I know, most if not all Platinum Series titles have subtitles so there should be a decent chance this title would have it as well.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Close-Captions are confirmed for the FotR extended cut 4-disc/5-disc set. Is that what you guys mean by subtitles?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
This is kind of funny...I was at Best Buy with a friend a couple days ago, and we were discussing LotR. We began to move on from the DVD section, and a "blue shirt" came running after us and frantically asked "You guys do know about the November Extended Release of the film right??!!" We replied, "of course...because not only are we fanboys, we're also DVD geeks too." He said that he's been going up to everyone this week, because so many people only know about the August release. Just thought that was interesting.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Close-Captions are confirmed for the FotR extended cut 4-disc/5-disc set. Is that what you guys mean by subtitles?
I don't think so. You only get closed captions if your TV has the ability to display them. Unless you have a really old tv, I don't think there's too much of a problem. But subtitles allow you to switch to different languages and such. Personally, I watch my discs on a pretty old tv that doesn't have captions, but I can bring it out to the newer one.

But I don't think we have to worry. New Line hasn't announced to full specs yet. And it'd seem unlikely that they'd exclude something like subtitles.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
GregK:
I have a strong feeling that this DC will be DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 encoded given New Line's track record so far when they've gone out of their way in the past to advertise DTS-ES 6.1 and DD EX 5.1 in the official specs.
Look at New Line's Blade II Platinum Edition: that is also DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 encoded and even shows it on the back cover of the DVD.
Way to go New Line!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Dan

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
I have not read through the entire thread, so I apologize in advance, but I have a very worrisome thought: the dvd's of the next two installments are not going to have very many features. what would they include? after this november's release, we will already know everything about how the movie's are made (costumes, etc). The only real, non-redundant new extra would be Jackson's commentary and maybe some special effects deconstructions. What does everyone think of this idea?

Kami

Screenwriter
Nathan,

I'm sure they will be very careful not to show behind the scenes images from the next films because they would be big spoilers. They filmed something like 800 hours of behind the scenes footage, and that was just the filming part...who knows how much more they have filmed while WETA has been hard at work on post-production. There will be plenty of stuff to go around for all the releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks