Lord of the Rings Documentary

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex Morrow, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow Stunt Coordinator

According to DVDEmpire.com there's going to be a National Geographic DVD released called Beyond the Movie - Lord of the Rings. It's released through Warner Brothers and comes out 2-5-2002. The currently listed contents are:
    - Scenes From The Movie
    - Authentic Documentary Footage
    - Interviews with Filmmakers & Noted Historians
    - Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Footage
    Good thing it's authentic documentary footage. :p) I wonder if the same stuff will be on whatever super special edition dvd.

2. Darren K Price

I think this was just played on SciFi channel. However, I could be wrong. Pretty good. Can't wait to see the movie.

3. Michael St. Clair

Nah, the Sci Fi special was called 'Passage to Middle Earth'.

Also, I suspect that this DVD will be longer than 44 minutes. If it has official involvement, I'd consider 44 minutes a ripoff attempt.

4. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

"If it has official involvement, I'd consider 44 minutes a ripoff attempt. "

Well, the Sci-Fi special had official involvement. It was a New Line television produciton and it was so much better than that half-hour crap that FOX showed.

5. Michael St. Clair

6. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

You don't have to pay for the National Geographic special either. It plays on MSNBC next week, starting Sunday Dec. 16th. On that day it runs at 6AM and 8AM and 6PM and 8PM ET; I think it's repeated a couple times during the week as well.
    So I'll be taping it, but if it's good enough I may buy a DVD of it as well to tide me over till September. [​IMG]