What's new

lord of the rings collectors edition (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
What exactly is this Netflix $2.00 coupon at Best Buy? In order to get the $2.00 off, do you have to join?

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Just got back from Best Buy and got:

3 LOTR Gift sets ($45 with coupons each)
SW Episode 2 w/calender ($10.99 with coupon)

I get double points on my Rewardzone card (basically, I'll get an additional $10 from Best Buy just on this purchase alone)

Best DVD day ever.

-Chuck

Rodon

Second Unit
When you go to BEst Buy they have all these Red colored DVD cases for Netflix. In side this case is several coupons. One of them is a $2 off a $19.99 and up DVD.
Go into the store and buy whatever you need but not the $20DVD yet. Grab a Netflix DVD. Go through the check-out line - if they ask to sign you up politely tell them you want to take it home and read up on it when you have more time. They will just let you take it.
Open it up when you get home and enjoy your coupons and free empty dvd case :)
Use teh coupon the next time you are at Best Buy or take it to Walmart and ask them to honor a competitors coupon. Walmart did it for me last night. They may or may not do this where you live. I think the manager was being nice to me.

Dave Danek

Stunt Coordinator
Just a heads up on a couple of issues if anyone was considering ordering the LOTR box gift set from Playcentric . . . they stock the Canadian version which has all the same goodies except for the Two Towers movie ticket, and it has the usual bilingual packaging (a few years ago, Disney would have listed that as a bonus feature!) . The other issue with the Canadian version which i didn't think about was the rebate. The $10 rebate in the theatrical cut of LOTR indicates the offer is valid on the listed New Line products and is valid in the USA only. I wonder if they'll try to void my rebate since I have an Alliance (Canadian) proof of purchase? I pre-ordered it back in Oct at $55, thinking most retailers would stock it at $55-59 + tax/shipping. A little bummed when I saw the BB price of $49.99 (although after tax it's still a wash), even more so after getting the Canadian set. . .

Will file the rebate and hope for the best. . .

Dave

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
For anyone who might be curious, the bookends are very cool. I was afraid they might be too small to be useful, but lucky me, they're big enough and heavy enough, and gosh darn it, I like them! ;)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The sales tax thing is complicated. The way it works is that if there is a manufacturer's coupon, the store gets reimbursed for the amount of the coupon. As far as the state is concerned, that is a sale for the amount you paid + the amount of the coupon. So yes, there should be tax paid on the total. At least, that's how it works here; different rules may apply in other states.

But if it's a store coupon, it's the same thing as a price reduction, and then there's no sales tax on the coupon amount. That's why most registers distinguish between mfr. coupons and other coupons.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd be more interested in the Netflix offer if my Blockbuster Spider-man card didn't have 3 weeks left on it. Once that ends I'm done with BB and ready for Netflix. Too bad signup can't be delayed.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I preordered the FOTR Gift Set on DDD for ~$58... I got them to pricematch BestBuy.com's $49.99, so I am a happy camper :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks