What's new

Looney Tunes Volume 2: Contents Announced (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Do keep in mind that there are 1000 normal theatrical Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies... and between the 2003 volume and this upcoming one, there will be 116 cartoons on DVD. There's still 884 to go. If they continue with the 60-some-cartoons format, it'll still take around 14-15 volumes to put out ALL of them. While it's likely that Warner is going to take their time with pre-1935 and post-1964 cartoons, that still leaves a HUGE amount of cartoons.

So, even if you just want the best of the best, it'll still take half a dozen volumes.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Do keep in mind that there are 1000 normal theatrical Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies... and between the 2003 volume and this upcoming one, there will be 116 cartoons on DVD. There's still 884 to go. If they continue with the 60-some-cartoons format, it'll still take around 14-15 volumes to put out ALL of them. While it's likely that Warner is going to take their time with pre-1935 and post-1964 cartoons, that still leaves a HUGE amount of cartoons.

So, even if you just want the best of the best, it'll still take half a dozen volumes.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
"Rhapsody Rabbit" and "Whats Opera, Doc". I can now die a happy man.

When I first saw "Rhapsody Rabbit" I laughed so hard I was in tears.

I saw "Whats Opera, Doc" my freshman year in college during orientation week on a bill with "All the President's Men".

Because of Bugs, I can't see any Ring opera or Rossini's "Barber of Seville" with a straight face

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
"Rhapsody Rabbit" and "Whats Opera, Doc". I can now die a happy man.

When I first saw "Rhapsody Rabbit" I laughed so hard I was in tears.

I saw "Whats Opera, Doc" my freshman year in college during orientation week on a bill with "All the President's Men".

Because of Bugs, I can't see any Ring opera or Rossini's "Barber of Seville" with a straight face

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
I have only watched the first disc from the first volume. I'm not a big fan of these shorts but feel compelled to buy Volume2! WHY? :D

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
I'm hoping Best Buy has a deal to buy both volumes that first week.... I'm going to be so poor...

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Old school bugs and daffy on the box...eh, I dont care for it. But I will definitely be picking up this excellent 4-disc set when its out!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
A few more details have been revealed at the Golden Age Cartoons Forum (www.goldenagecartoons.com)

- As mentioned before, Book Revue, Baby Bottleneck, I Love to Singa, and Back Alley Op-Roar will have fully restored titles. The Hep Cat, Old Glory, Duck Soup to Nuts, Have You Got Any Castles, Life With Feathers, Hollywood Steps Out, and Tweetie Pie do not seem to have any existing prints with the titles. However, Old Glory will have its original ending titles restored. Have You Got Any Castles will have scenes with an Alexander Woolcott characture restored (which haven't been seen since 1938!), despite having reissue titles. Remember, though: original titles were removed from the negatives DECADES ago, so they're long gone if Warner couldn't find them. In fact, the original titles to I Love To Singa were just found this year (TWO nitrate Technicolor frames from Tex Avery's collection).

- The two bonus documentaries are: Chuck Amuck and Bugs Bunny's 50th Anniversary special.

- The extra shorts are The Adventures of the Road-Runner (fully restored, first time uncut), So Much For So Little, Daffy Duck For President (brand new cartoon), and Orange Blossoms for Violet.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hey Patrick... (Stashone - MF Toon here),

The entire 51 min. Chuck Amuck feature is going to be included along with the complete half hour Anniversary Special?!?!

Wow!!!

I can't believe I missed that, I was excited for the Roadrunner pilot and Clampett documentary... now this is truly going to be the best release of the year!!! I really can't wait!!!!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris_Liberti

Stunt Coordinator
I am just hoping eventually they release Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips, until they do I will have to keep my laserdisc and my player

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
When i was younger, I didn't used to think that these things were all that funny. But now I love them! Hoo-ray for this collection! it has about all the WB shorts I need! (i say that now of course...)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I doubt we'll see that or other controversial ones like "Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs" anytime soon, but I hope they eventually come out for historical reasons.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
For those who were worried about this set after the problems with the Tom and Jerry collection: Jerry Beck, a consulting producer on both projects, made this post where he proclaims himself very pleased with the new Looney Tunes Golden Collection, calling it even better than the first one.

I hope some other reviews start turning up soon... not that I need reviews to make me decide to buy this, but I want this set so bad that I need to at least read about it to tide me over until it's released. :)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
quote:

"Little Red Riding Rabbit"

My LD with this on it has errors right smack in the middle of this cartoon. It doesn't prevent me from watching it, but it does make a serious distraction. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Mike

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Just got this; wow, there are some absolute classics on this set. Some of my all-time favorites, such as "Slick Hare," "One Froggy Evening," "What's Opera, Doc?" "Three Little Bops," "Rhapsody Rabbit," and others. Good stuff.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
It's P H E N O M E N A L!!!!

Warners has topped thenselves with this. I've only had it for a few hours, so I have seen just a handful of cartoons. But WHAT a handful. Each one looking & sounding amazing, too!

At last I LOVE TO SINGA! With restored titles, no less!

Ditto Bob Clampett's masterpieces BOOK REVUE and GREAT PIGGY BANK ROBBERY

Two B&Ws looking better than ever: PORKY IN WACKYLAND and YOU OUGHT TO BE IN PICTURES

The Chuck Jonea favorites that fans have clamored for: ONE FROGGY EVENING, and WHAT'S OPERA, DOC

The extras seem amazing also. I only have gotten to see the lengthy docu about Clampett and a Tex Avery interview piece that's fabulous.

Color is truly thrilling throughout. The restoration is immaculate, and thank god they left in the cel dust, just as the great ones made 'em.

Another amazing DVD from Warner...and mext week is GWTW? How do they do it?
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks