What's new

Looney Tunes Golden Collection V - wish list (1 Viewer)

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
No Bob Clampett collection will ever be complete without COAL BLACK AND DE SEBBEN DWARFS and TIN PAN ALLEY CATS and you can put me down for the rest of The Censored 11 as well.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not to mention Witch Hazel is the funniest supporting character in Looney Tunes Land. :D

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Hansel? Hansel?

I would like to see Piker's Peak one of the few good late '50's toons, mostly for Carl Stalling fabulous music cue, "Bad Swiss Band"...you know the one :) http://mfile3.akamai.com/14123/wm2/m...234&obj=v60506 (courtesy of CDUniverse.com)

I'd pay 50,000 cronkites for that one. I always thought Sam was Bugs' best foil over Elmer or Daffy (with the exception of the infamous trilogy).

Oh, yes and COAL BLACK, TIN PAN ALLEY CATS, and all the other Wartime cartoons.

Clay_E

Second Unit
I have got...GOT...to have "Foxy By Proxy."

"I'm gonna catch a fox and cut his tail off!"

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
I have a very short wish list for any remaining Looney Tunes compilations: that they get rid of the annoying intro by W.Goldberg.

JeffSchiller

Agent
A bunch of random cartoons I'm waiting to see restored on a future Golden Collection:

Some Bugs
-A Wild Hare
-Hare Trigger
-Buccaneer Bunny
-Ali Baba Bunny
-The Abominable Snow Rabbit

More Tashlin
-The Major Lied 'Til Dawn
-Wholly Smoke
-Scrap Happy Daffy
-Behind The Meat-Ball
-Nasty Quacks

Some Foggy (at least 3, give him his due!)
-Crowing Pains (with Barnyard Dawg, Sylvester, Henery)
-Lovelorn Leghorn (with Barnyard Dawg, Miss Prissy)
-The Dixie Fryer (with Pappy and Elvis Buzzard)

Some Avery
-Gold Diggers of '49
-Pork The Wrestler
-Porky's Garden
-I Wanna Be A Sailor

Some Davis
-The Goofy Gophers
-The Foxy Duckling
-Odor Of The Day (Pepe)

Miscellaneous
-A Hound For Trouble (Charlie Dog)
-Bedtime For Sniffles
-Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarves
-The Draft Horse
-Chow Hound
-Congo Jazz (Bosko)
-The Booze Hangs High (Bosko)
-Goopy Geer

AndySvn

Agent

I second that, and a whole disc of Pepe LePeu (sic?)..."oh ze moon, oh ze croon, oh ze swoon"....

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Please more pre 1947 stuff than one dvd,It seems most posters want
stuff they grew up seeing as a kid on ABC,While I understand people
loving the latter post Avery,Clampett stuff,But how many of you really
watched all The wonderful Clampett and Avery stuff,not to mention Tashin stuff pre 47
I would prefer Peters list to Kevins anyday!! I do like Chow Hound too.But Belive
me that last set was a far from the best stuff they have,better stuff showed up on single
warner titles.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Just some more Pepe le Pew and Foghorn Leghorn, and maybe a disc devoted entirely to banned/notorious cartoons. I agree that Tex Avery should have part of a disc, too.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I say Foghorn Leghorn is a must.

Ditto the the sentiments of having a disc containing the "banned" cartoons with a featurette that puts them in context.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe another post at HTF said that WHV has at least 10 Looney Tunes collections planned. That is an incredible number and shows the commitment WHV has to this product line.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I want a whole Porky in B&W disc. I don't know what all has been released so far, and I don't know the titles, but I want the one where Porky has a lot of siblings and they're being chased thru an old house by a big guy in a cloak. And I want Porky's Garden and Porky's Duck Hunt for sure. I also want that Charlie Dog cartoon where he works in an Italian restaurant. I only have vol. 2 & 3 so far.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Disc 2 of Volume 4 comes close. It's not all B&W, but it has a lot of older Porky (including several B&W).

Here's the episode list from that disc:

DISC TWO: A Dash of Tashlin
1. The Case of the Stuttering Pig
2. Little Pancho Vanilla
3. Little Beau Porky
4. Now That Summer is Gone
5. Porky in the North Woods
6. You're an Education
7. Porky's Railroad
8. Plane Daffy
9. Porky the Fireman
10. Cracked Ice
11. Puss n' Booty
12. I Got Plenty of Mutton
13. Booby Hatched
14. Porky's Poultry Plant
15. The Stupid Cupid

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Yeah--I have to get vol. 1 & 4 asap...! I can't believe how many shorts WB produced over the years--the sets ain't half over. And you know what else is funny--I haven't actually sat down and watched any WB cartoons in over 20 years. And yet as I went thru sets 2 & 3 I did not come across even one cartoon that I didn't at least vaguely recollect. Bugs was on a local syndie in the 70s (KTTV-11 in Los Angeles) five days a week, while Porky had his own little show on another syndie. So I watched them both daily. And then there was the big network Bugs/Road Runner show every week. I do recall that Porky's daily show had a lot of the older 30s cartoons while Bugs had mostly stuff from the 40s, and the network show had stuff from the 50s. A couple of questions:

1) What's the cartoon with the little boy trying to go to sleep, and all his toys decide to put on a live radio show? I do remember a stuff rabbit singing "I'm wearin' my green fedora..."

2.) Were some of Porky's old cartoons reshot in color? I totally recall seeing Porky in Wackyland in color, yet on the dvd it's BW. On one of the documentaries on set two, they show clips from that cartoon in color. Hence, my confusion...

3.) Were there many Charlie Dog cartoons? I only seem to remember a couple of them, and the Italian restaurant one is the one I really liked as a kid, especially his "Attsa' matta" song lol

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Bob Clampett's 1938 "Porky in Wackyland" was remade in color by Friz Freleng as 1949's "Dough for the Do-Do", which was available on the first Looney Tunes Golden Collection.

There were also some latter-day colorizations of classic "Porkies", but they looked awful.

Regards,

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I want plenty of Foghorn (especially with Henry "I'm a ChickenHawk!")

I'm also waiting for the cartoon (name??) where Bugs is hiding a gangster from the police and the gangster has the voice of Edward G. Robinson. Bugs hides him in the Stove and turns it on, and then hides him in a chest and drags him up & down the stairs. Finally the gangster has enough and surrenders to the police saying "Get me away from that crazy Rabbitt!"

Anybody know the name of this one?

I found it - Racketeer Rabbit

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
"Racketeer Rabbit" is right. The stove gag ("Now look, would I turn on this gas if my friend Rocky was in there?"/"Ye might Rabbit, ye might.") was re-used in Friz Freleng's "Bugs and Thugs" from 1954. It is available on the first volume of both the Golden Collection and the Spotlight Collection. Bugs also tangled with Rocky and Mugsy in 1957's "Bugsy and Mugsy" and 1963's "The Unmentionables", neither of which are out on DVD. Rocky first appeared antagonizing Daffy in 1950's "Golden Yeggs" (also on the original Golden Collection), and then kidnapping Tweety Bird in 1953's "Catty Cornered" (not yet on DVD).

All of these gangster toons borrowed gags from each other, and all are pretty funny except "The Unmentionables". It would be nice to see the unreleased ones soon.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks