What's new

Looney Tunes DVD Specs/Updates Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I just updated the list. Many thanks to The Digital Bits and the HTF'ers who posted the link.

It looks like about 10 of the cartoons are part of the "AAP" package...so the DVD versions will be the first time we'll be able to see the cartoons in their full Technicolor brilliance!

I think two of the cartoons are Cinecolor originated, so it ought to be interesting to see how they look. No B&W or "Blue Ribbon without credits" cartoons yet, but it's likely those are taking more time than the others.

Given that this is only the first of many sets, this is a wonderful way to start the series. Bravo Warner & co.!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
So Patrick, none of the shorts in the first wave are Blue Ribbon titles? Because I was afraid they'd not restore the original titles on those, but I guess that's just me being silly.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
There are actually three cartoons that used to be "Blue Ribbon without credits": Scaredy Cat, Kit For Cat, and The Foghorn Leghorn. All three have had their original credits restored.
Those three have had their original credits versions in circulation on video for a while now. I should have made it more specific, but I meant the pre-1948 titles (which Turner owned).

While the negatives probably don't have the original titles, there are plenty with surviving prints that do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks