What's new

Looney Toons DVD?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

Harry E

Auditioning
I would like to make another complaint. Why no word on
these clssic AMERICAN films on DVD? They are being released
in Japan but not here.
They were made in America. They are part of our heritage.
Everybody should demand their release!
------------------
Eddie Estes
Orange VA

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I suggest keeping an eye on this site, Toon Zone . for the latest information on Looney Tunes.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator
The bad news is that they are edited just like the Japanese Tom & Jerry DVDs. They seem to be using the edited versions that air on the Cartoon Channel.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Actually, the two legit LT DVD's released in Japan are uncut.
They're 2 volumes of Tweety cartoons that have been said to look fantastic on DVD. (Info from www.cartoonresearch.com )
The old Tom & Jerry DVD released in Region 1 was mostly made up of TV masters of T&J cartoons.
WB is remastering (possibly from restored elements) the Looney Tunes for DVD's in the future...so there is very little chance that older edited/colorized versions could appear on the DVD's. All of their laserdiscs and videos have been totally uncut (although many were Blue Ribbon versions on Turner's side, since they were the only versions Turner recieved through MGM...which they received from UA...)
Given that WB has shown what digital restoration can do to movies such as Wizard of Oz, North By Northwest, and Superman, one can only imagine how cool the Looney Tunes DVD's will be.
Rhino is releasing a 2-CD compilation of Looney Tunes songs and music on Tuesday...which seems to have digitally restored audio. Many tracks are from the older Turner-owned cartoons and they sound much better than the optical tracks on the old prints Turner got.
------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks