What's new

Looney Toones (1 Viewer)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I searched, and couldn't find anything.

These are my favorite skits, the other sets don't sound too bad either. Why did they release a certain number of sets of these uberly terrific shorts? On the Front Lines sounds cool.

I'm in dire need of owning Mickey Mouse on DVD. I need this set... someone pray for me! :D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Chris, the Walt Disney Treasures threads are probably all in the film and documentary section of hHTF.

As for why they came out in limited numbers? Hey, its Disney that's just one of those things that Disney does, like putting the Platnum titles out from the first week of October, until Jan. 31, and then putting them on moritorium for years.

I also suppose they did it figuring that putting out such a number would create demand for the product.

Sorry to take this away from Looney Tunes, as that's really what this thread should remain about.

I just looked at the features/shorts on the next golden collection again, and I so can't wait for Nov. 2.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Chris - If you searched and couldn't find any threads on Disney Treasures, you must not be looking in the appropriate forum (which would be Film & Documentary, by the way).

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Hey Disney has a club, like Columbia House and BMG, that has the a few of the old Tresure, Mickey in Color, Davey Crockett and Disneyland.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

Is it possible you're referring to the BOSKO shorts? The very first Warner Bros shorts featured a character named "Bosko", a little black boy who bore a striking resemblance to Mickey Mouse. The first Looney Toons box set contains, as a supplemental feature, the very first Bosko short, "Bosko the Talk-Ink Kid".

There are a couple discs from Image called "Uncensored Bosko" Vols. 1 and 2. I believe our friend Jerry Beck from the site Cartoon Research had a hand in compiling these collections, but I may be wrong.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Jerry Beck mentioned that "Sinkin' in the Bathtub," the first released Bosko cartoon, will be on a future LT: GC volume. (www.cartoonbrew.com)

Apparently, the negatives still survive for the really old B&W's, but they're extremely fragile. So, given Warner's task to restore and remaster an amount of film equal to 100-150 feature films... the waiting will have to happen.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
No, I think I'm talking about Mickey Mouse in Black & White. Now that THEY'RE OUT OF PRINT, I'M DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
By the way, check out www.cartoonbrew.com

Jerry Beck posted some screenshots of the original title screens for Book Revue, Back Alley Op-Roar, and Baby Bottleneck. These original title sequences haven't been seen since their original releases.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

And, for what it's worth, Warner Home Video is treating these as TV releases. That's the division that produced them and is promoting them. In addition, some of the supplemental content on the discs specifically addresses the shorts' run on television, such as the various opening sequences of the variety shows.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi guys,

I have been searching the software movie section and this one for info on the looney tunes Golden collection

What I would like to know is if they are all presented in their OAR. How old are these? do they date from the 30s and 40s where the the AR would be 4:3? Or are they from the 60s and 70s?

thanks!

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
They were all created at the Academy ratio of 1.37:1, which is close enough to the 1.33:1 (aka 4:3) of television that they don't mess with windowboxing them except for the main titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks