What's new

Looney Toones (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

No, they've only released 1 volume with another set for later this year. I believe the number of shorts in the first golden collection is 56, so we've got a long way to go.
I also believe that all of the Merrie Melodies shorts are being lumped in with the Looney Tunes shorts, and so your getting a few of each in each volume.

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
I think there are almost 1000 Lonney Tunes shorts. It would not be far of it anyway. So there will be a lot of Box sets. LOL
Stupor Duck is one of my favorite shorts.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Robin Hood Daffy, I believe, is on the Warner 2-Disc SE for The Adventures of Robin Hood, along with another Robin Hood-themed Looney Tunes short. It's in my living room, but I'm too lazy to verify that information. The shorts included on Warner 2-Disc SE's aren't restored like the ones in the Golden Collection though. Still nice to be able to own them though!

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
...and they were theatrical releases orignally, not TV, so this belongs in the other forum. :)

-Jay, who will give it a rest for a while, lest he be crowned the "wrong forum Nazi"

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, they were also grouped together and aired as TV shows in several incarnations over the years, and they also get covered on TVShowsOnDVD.com and if this is in the wrong forum I guess Gord is covering it on the wrong site? Oh great now I’m a wrong forum correcting Nazi.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Basically everyone from the past two generations first experienced Looney Tunes via their television set. That's why it gets coverage at TVShowsOnDVD.com and that's why it's not inappropriate to discuss them in this forum.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Oh, come on, Jay: do I really have to go into the details for you? Has Casbablanca been played on television everyday for 40+ years? No, it hasn't. Have Looney Tunes shorts? F*ckin'-A they have. End of story.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
hey, when will they released the first black and white mickey mouse shorts... you know what I'm talking about right? I think I brought this up in another form/thread, and can't find it now. It's when they began experimenting with cartoons... they'd give locomotives and gas stations characterizations. These are my favorite of the Looney Tunes collection. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Mickey Mouse is Disney, not Looney Tunes. The first Mickey Mouse short was "Steamboat Willie". I know in the first Golden Collection set, they showed a cartoon as a special feature consisting of a character that was somewhat similar to Mickey Mouse.....can't remember the name off hand though.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Aside from what was already mentioned about Mickey Mouse being a Disney property, not a WB property...many of the early black and white cartoons including Steamboat Willie, were released on the Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White, DVD in 2002. Another volume of those black and white cartoons hits in December.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Due to it being part of the Walt Disney Treasures line, it had a limited print run to begin with something like 125,000 copies.

Its very hard to find now, although a retail store had box sets bundling all 8 treasure DVDs that had been released up to that point in one set.

Here's a list of all the disney treasures sets that have come out or will be coming out before the end of the year.

Mickey Mouse in Living Color volumes 1 (2001) and 2 (5/18/2004)
Mickey Mouse in Black and White volumes 1 (2002) and 2 (12/7/04)
The Complete Pluto volume 1 (12/7/04)
The Complete Goofy (2002)
The Chronological Donald (5/18/04)
Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studios (2002)
On the Front Lines (5/18/2004)
Tomorrow Land (5/18/2004)
Silly Symphonies (2001)
Davy Crockett (2001)
Disneyland USA (2001)
The Mickey Mouse Club 12/7/2004

Note: The numbers of sets printed up are not the same for each set. Some had as few as 105,000 printed and others had something like 205,000 printed.

Note: All the ones that came out 5/18/04 were originally scheduled for december 2003.

I myself own Mickey Mouse in Living Color 1, Black and White 1, Complete Goofy, Behind the Scenes of the Walt Disney Studios, Chronological Donald, and On the Front Lines. They're good sets, I like the tins they come in, and would be worth tracking down.

Edit: I forgot about the Mickey Mouse Club which comes out this year.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
There are other threads devoted to the Disney Treasures sets. If you use the search function, you should be able to find out a lot more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks