What's new

Looks like we're good for a domestic Blu of NIGHT OF THE DEMON (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Also, I think all members can edit their own thread titles. Just click on "Thread Tools" at the top right of your first post, then "Edit Title" from the drop down.

I seem to still have access to alter the title of my Kong thread that's over a year old.

upload_2017-11-22_13-27-56.png

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
So what's the problem? TT said it wasn't currently on their schedule, & a foreign multi-region release is as good as a domestic one, only with more expensive p&p. If it does get a release in the UK, I hope it gets a good clean-up, the HD version that shows on UK TV has a lot of dirt & marks on the picture.

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I was in touch with Powerhouse/Indicator regarding my (now shipped) replacement disc of SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER and mentioned that I hoped the rumors of an upcoming all-region Blu release of NIGHT/CURSE OF THE DEMON were true, and Deborah kindly replied, "You are listening to very good info there!"

Dick, thanks so much for alerting us to this. It's very good news.

FYI, when you mentioned "domestic", I assumed you must be British :) As an Aussie, I like to assume that this forum can accommodate folks from anywhere.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Dick, thanks so much for alerting us to this. It's very good news.

FYI, when you mentioned "domestic", I assumed you must be British :) As an Aussie, I like to assume that this forum can accommodate folks from anywhere.

Greetings fellow Aussie!

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I typed out and posted (I had thought) an apology for having used the word "domestic" rather than the phrase "all-region," but it seems to have been deleted. Not an accusation, but it is puzzling, so I'll repeat it: I am so sorry that my error has caused an apparently snowballing negative effect for TT, and other members here. Certainly not my intention. I, however, PM'd an admin very soon after making that mistake requesting that the header be edited, and that was -- and still has been -- not done. I hope that it can still happen before more harm is done.

But I have to held accountable. I say, not as an excuse, but as a reason, that I have been experiencing early-onset dementia (at only age 67), and have been called out a number of times this year and going back a few years back for posting wrong information here. My goal on HTF, aside from gleaning lots of cool info from insiders and other members here who are so much more qualified than I to share technical data, is to provide astute and accurate opinions and information about what little I do know in a non-confrontational fashion so that there is a mutually-beneficial relationship.

This site has been like a second family for me, and I log into it multiple times every day, as I have for 18 years. But I do see a relatively recent (going back 3 years or so) pattern that suggests to me that I am making mistakes that actually have consequences, the latest regarding Twilight Time, a company I love and respect. My using the word "domestic" in this case was a careless and apparently consequential error. This has me wondering whether I should perhaps bow out of this forum other than to simply view posts, rather than adding any further ones, at least until I am able to find medication that will ease this forgetfulness and carelessness somewhat.

So for the time being I'll shut my mouth, but intend to continue enjoying the wisdom of everyone else here. This should be a place of accurate and timely information, and for that reason I will certainly continue to come here for the reviews and the insider announcements. I only hope that, during the years I have posted here, I have been able to add some positive sharing of my limited knowledge as a one-time Super 8mm, 16mm filmmaker and editor and lifelong movie aficionado.

Again, all my apologies for any disruptions my posts have caused to anyone else here. And to Twilight Time in particular during this most recent issue, please know that I hold you in the highest regard and am a bit devastated that any post of mine might have disrupted your release plans. Re: NIGHT/CURSE OF THE DEMON -- I am sure Indicator will produce a stellar Blu-ray, but it seems to me that a future domestic release would still be in high demand.

Rick
Keep posting, i for one did not find anything wrong with your post, this forum is used by people all over the world and domestic to you and me is different to domestic for other people, just add domestic (UK) and sorted.

Wishing you well and I know dementia is not an easy thing to cope with, our memories are precious and it’s a bad thing to have to endure, someone in my family also suffers from it, enjoy this place and keep posting here.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Also, I think all members can edit their own thread titles. Just click on "Thread Tools" at the top right of your first post, then "Edit Title" from the drop down.

I seem to still have access to alter the title of my Kong thread that's over a year old.

View attachment 42013

Thanks for the help, but I cannot find any way to access "Thread Tools" from my initial post. I have clicked all over the place and it doesn't appear to be available to me.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Well, I typed out and posted (I had thought) an apology for having used the word "domestic" rather than the phrase "all-region," but it seems to have been deleted. Not an accusation, but it is puzzling, so I'll repeat it: I am so sorry that my error has caused an apparently snowballing negative effect for TT, and other members here. Certainly not my intention. I, however, PM'd an admin very soon after making that mistake requesting that the header be edited, and that was -- and still has been -- not done. I hope that it can still happen before more harm is done.

But I have to held accountable. I say, not as an excuse, but as a reason, that I have been experiencing early-onset dementia (at only age 67), and have been called out a number of times this year and going back a few years back for posting wrong information here. My goal on HTF, aside from gleaning lots of cool info from insiders and other members here who are so much more qualified than I to share technical data, is to provide astute and accurate opinions and information about what little I do know in a non-confrontational fashion so that there is a mutually-beneficial relationship.

This site has been like a second family for me, and I log into it multiple times every day, as I have for 18 years. But I do see a relatively recent (going back 3 years or so) pattern that suggests to me that I am making mistakes that actually have consequences, the latest regarding Twilight Time, a company I love and respect. My using the word "domestic" in this case was a careless and apparently consequential error. This has me wondering whether I should perhaps bow out of this forum other than to simply view posts, rather than adding any further ones, at least until I am able to find medication that will ease this forgetfulness and carelessness somewhat.

So for the time being I'll shut my mouth, but intend to continue enjoying the wisdom of everyone else here. This should be a place of accurate and timely information, and for that reason I will certainly continue to come here for the reviews and the insider announcements. I only hope that, during the years I have posted here, I have been able to add some positive sharing of my limited knowledge as a one-time Super 8mm, 16mm filmmaker and editor and lifelong movie aficionado.

Again, all my apologies for any disruptions my posts have caused to anyone else here. And to Twilight Time in particular during this most recent issue, please know that I hold you in the highest regard and am a bit devastated that any post of mine might have disrupted your release plans. Re: NIGHT/CURSE OF THE DEMON -- I am sure Indicator will produce a stellar Blu-ray, but it seems to me that a future domestic release would still be in high demand.

Rick

I very sorry about your problem and I'm very sorry that you feel you should stop posting. You've been one of the stalwarts of HTF for a long time. I hope you'll reconsider your decision in the near future.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, I thank everyone for the kind words of support, and I will post this: Have a great holiday, full of peace, friendship and optimism for the future; pursue your good health and savor your meal today while also remembering that 99.9% of the world population is not positioned as well as you are in any respect; take a break from the Black Friday mindset that seems to control our every waking minute during this season and maybe consider donating to your favorite charity rather than buying your 4,000th Blu-ray; enjoy and be grateful to your parents if they are still with you; show love for your children without hesitation. Then adhere to all of this throughout the year rather than only in November-December. And I need to more closely follow my own advice.

Your are all terrific people and have filled in for me a sort of "social network gap" (I am not -- nor ever plan to be -- on Facebook or Twitter) by sharing so much delightful stuff on this forum that even great friends, who happen not to share our obsession, could not fully appreciate. I am not a religious man, so I won't say "God Bless you all," but you hopefully get the message.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Dick, I'm really sorry to read about the Dementia, please keep posting and keep us posted on your health.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks