Looks like Sammy Hager is back w/ Van Halen

Discussion in 'Music' started by Danny Tse, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I was listening to my local "classic rock" station when it was announced that Van Halen, still label-less, has signed a new management contract with Sammy Hager's manager. From all indications, looks like Sammy will be reuniting with Van Halen.

Click here and here for details.

2. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Screenwriter

I'll probably get killed for this, but... I always liked the Hagar years the best.

3. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I also liked "Van Hager" better than Van Halen. 5150 is one of my favorite albums.

4. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Hehehe [​IMG]

I agree with you guys, Martin and Scott.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

6. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Well then, let me be the 1st to thread fart and ruin this Van Hagar lovefest....

Dave rules. He may be a world class a-hole, but Dave and Eddie together IS Van Halen. The two cuts they did for the Greatest Hits CD were the best VH songs since he left the band.

Nothing wrong with Sammy, but the band lost their edge when Dave was sent packing. Too damn top-40ish for my tastes. And while I am ranting, unless Eddie wants to run his Rhoades through his Marshall stacks again, then NO KEYBOARDS ALLOWED. I want face peeling guitar, PLEASE.

Having said all that, its great that there is some potential for some new Eddie music, even if I would prefer a different lead vocalist.

So, lets just say that, from where I sit, the glass is half full[​IMG]

BGL

7. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    [​IMG] Dave-era Van Halen makes me want to throw back some beers, check out the pretty ladies, and party until the sun comes up.

[​IMG] Van Hagar makes me want to buy a mini-van, drink milk, and discuss my feelings with my girlfriend.

Still, I'd buy the album just to hear Eddie tear it up again.

8. Jack Shappa

Jack Shappa Second Unit

Uh-oh, grab me some Beano quick!!!

Who the heck still gives a THREAD FART about Van ANYTHING anymore? They have sucked since David Lee Combover left 10 billion years ago...

- Jack

9. Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco Second Unit

Eddie is an ego hoggin bastard.

10. Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T Second Unit

Latest speculation is that the VH reunion will happen during the SuperBash being held in Houston Superbowl week. Sammy is the headliner/MC of the whole affair, so it would make perfect sense.

I am so ready for the return of Van Halen! [​IMG]

11. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

Heh..and I'll be there. Hopefully it will happen on the Friday I'm present. I know Michael Anthony and one of the guys from Alice in Chains is supposed to be around that weekend. Sammy and the Waboritas are heading up Friday and Saturday nights lineups, and Sammy is the MC for the week..

I'll throw my hat in the Van Hagar camp. I like early Van Halen as much as anyone, but they were able to flex a little more creative muscle with Sammy the with Dave IMO.

Sammy and Michael Anthony have jammed several times over the years. There were even rumors that MA was ousted from VH due to his closeness with Sammy.

I guess we'll see. I'll be n line for tix if they reunite. Sammy puts on a heck of a show solo or with VH.

12. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I love Roth just as much as anyone but throw me into the Hagar camp as well. 5150 and Carnal Knowledge are tow of my favorite albums.

If tix go on sale for a reunion tour I will SO be there.

13. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Supporting Actor

Hopefully this will bring a new album, as well as dvd-audio releases of the entire catalog.

14. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

This should last...

15. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

Hilarious! [​IMG]

16. Tony Bucaci

Tony Bucaci Agent

Can someone confirm for me that Eddie is still alive? I thought I heard somewhere he had cancer or something. Thanks.

17. ElevSkyMovie

He did have cancer, of the tongue. He is alive and well, hiding in his studio.

18. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Another Van Hagar fan here. While Dave was fun, they made better music with Hagar, and to be honest, Dave's time has passed...

Jason

19. ElevSkyMovie

I like the "heavy metal swing" music they wrote with Roth, you can't beat it. The albums with Sammy are inconsitent, with a few great tracks, and a lot of cheese (especially the lyrics). However, in 2004, Sammy is the best singer for them now. They would be a laughed at if Dave was the frontman again.

20. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I thought Eddie had some hip thing going on? (Not cancer of the tongue... ?) Degenerative something or other, and then hip replacement surgery?

I'm a David Lee Roth guy. They did more hard rock back then, and seemed to do a lot more pop with Sammy.

But anything new with Eddie on it I'd check out.