Looks like no Rush SACD's on 10/21

Discussion in 'Music' started by HankM, Oct 7, 2003.

1. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I haven't heard anything on these and no web sites have them available for preorder. I figured with the Rush In Rio CD & DVD set coming on 10/21 that the SACD's would follow. Oh well, maybe they will just show up. [​IMG]

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I'd think that just because some sites don't have them up for preorder isn't really indicitive of whether or not they're coming out. Until we see a confirmed "no go" let's no jump to conclusions(atleast without the appropriate mat [​IMG] )

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

True but you would think SOME site would have them. Nothing on Tower. Nothing on Amazon. More importantly, nothing on the Universal New Formats page. I bet we won't see these til next year.

4. Chris Elm

Chris Elm Stunt Coordinator

Yes, and Universal's release dates have become increasingly useless in determining when something will come out. The initial dates don't mean anything, and like someone here said recently, should be taken with a grain of salt.

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Oh man. 2112 or Grace Under pressure on SACD (or DVD-A)? That would be cool... [​IMG]

6. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Supporting Actor

I would think the band would want to be intimately involved in the new surround mixes, as they were with the "Live in Rio" video coming out on the 21st. If that's the case, they were busy with the video. Mercury may be able to release these without the bands input, but I would suspect they would end up like the Eric Johnson dvda disc and the band wouldn't want us to buy them.

7. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    I agree with your comments guys (Dave in your post #2, Larry in your post #3 and especially Chris in your post #4).

Unfortunately, the Rush SACDs have indeed been "delayed."

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/ne...umber=14597433

(Scroll down to the section entitled "Delayed and Removed from the SACD Release Schedule.")

-p

8. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I really hope it's just a delay and not an outright cancellation. Oh well, I'm still getting plenty of use from my SACD/DVD-A player so even if they don't come out I'll be content.

9. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Maybe they are going to the flipper format instead.........[​IMG]

LJ

10. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer