Looks Like I'm upgrading.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DonJ, Oct 15, 2002.

1. DonJ

DonJ Second Unit

Next month I'll be moving from my Harman Kardon AVR320 to the Anthem AVM20 pre/pro and PVA7 amp. I have read up on both and both seemed to be the best in there price range. But still I would like to know what you think of the upgrade and both components as well.

2. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Don,
    I am in the process of upgrading from a Pioneer Elite VSX-37-TX to the same Anthem gear you listed. I have already ordered my PVA-7 amp. Yesterday I called the A/V retailer and asked when it would be here, the sales guy called Anthem to check the order status and found out that all current orders are being delayed for about 7-10 days due to an upgrade to the PVA-7 amps. He did not get any details from Anthem only that the upgrade would make a dramatic improvement in the sound quality of the amp, his words not mine. You might want to check with your supplier to see if they have stock on hand or if they will have to order the equipment you want.

I'm still collecting change and bottle caps so I can order the AVM-20! There are quite a few threads on this forum that cover the AVM-20 pre amp and comparisons to other equipment. I really haven't seen any real bad comments, lots of positive comments though. I guess the most important thing is how it sounds to you personnally.

I decided to make the jump because my speakers are 4 ohm and I want to be able to get the best performance from them.