What's new

Looking to upgrade our matress. Have you owned/used any of these? (1 Viewer)

Colton

Supporting Actor
Check out the Double Restore tempur mattress. My wife and I are saving up to get one of those. Boy, those are so nice!

- Colton

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
All I have to say is... PILLOW TOP BABY! My husband bought us a brand new pillowtop and I sleep wonderfully on it.

Got it at Costco.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Drew, I just bought a new queen size Serta Perfect Sleeper extra firm and it's great for me. Apparently Serta makes numerous models of Perfect Sleeper matresses because the one I got wasn't listed at Sears, it's the Northstar model. I bought the set at a clearance store for $300.00 I think Sam's Wholesale has them too. Anyway, you'll just have to go out and lay on some matresses to see what firmness you want. Have you checked out the beds that have the adjustable air matress? Can't remember the store name but they are in the malls I believe. let us know what you decide on. Nothing like getting a new bed,lol!

SethH

Senior HTF Member

This is one of the tricks of the mattress world. They give their mattresses different names at every location so you can't compare prices directly. I'm not sure of the naming conventions for other brands, but Stearns & Foster keeps the first letter the same for equivalent mattresses. For instance, their level three mattresses all start with "D" and their level fours all start with "E," but they're named differenly at every store I've ever been to.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Seth is right. Sears is having a "50%" off sale but I cannot find their brands anywhere else to even price-compare! :angry:

I'll have to look into Sam's and Costco as well.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Definitely look at Sam's and Costco, but they're the worst about the name thing. I've never found anything to price compare to the things at Sam's.

Just a note: the Serta's all have a fire protection thing that will soon be required in all mattresses, but Serta is the first to put it in all their mattresses. Basically, a mattress will burn up in about 45-60 seconds, so they're starting to require fire-resistant material to slow things down. May or may not be worth it to you.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Custom foam for me. Varying firmness and customable lengths and widths. I'd never go back to a non-foam mattress. Might want to look into if you haven't already.

Colton

Supporting Actor
That stuff that was made from NASA. Whatever its called ... feels like sleeping on a cloud.

- Colton

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
The only problem with the temperpedic/foam mattress stuff is that they retain body heat (it's how they spring back into shape) so that might be a consideration.

Mort

SethH

Senior HTF Member

That's true. It should also be considered that the tempurpedic is more than 3x this guys price in a king size!

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I turn a lot in my sleep so those bod molding foams won't work for me. I just want an old fashion mattress with the right amount of firmness. I'm gonna pay Sears a visit in the next few days to check out the goods.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Perhaps you wouldn't need to turn in a foam mattress? You mostly turn because your body is sensing pressure points, and is moving you to take the pressure off. Foam might be an answer.

I've been really disappointed in our Sealy Pillow top mattress. It's developed horrible indentations (and we flip it almost every month.)

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit

As I have arthritis in both my knees, hips, and ankles; foam was the answer for me. Firm foam won't "suck you in" so to speak.

Craig

Second Unit
Apparently not all foam mattresses are equal, be sure to read up on the various types.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks