Looking to upgrade...need suggestions!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by gjackson78, Sep 29, 2006.

1. gjackson78

gjackson78 Auditioning

Hey guys i have an old Hitachi 54' widescreen rear projection tv and I'm looking to upgrade to either a DLP rear or a front projection. I want something that does 1080p. I'd like to have the least "stuff" in the way so I was thinking the front projection may make the most sense. Do you have any ideas on a good setup? Let me know. Price total including screen would like to be in the 3-4k range.

Gary

2. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Hi Gary - I would recommend looking at the JVC D-ILA and Sony SXRD sets. Both use LCoS technology, which offers far superior picture quality to DLP and LCD. These 1080p sets can definately meet your budget. For instance, take a look at the JVC 61" HD-61FH97.

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    You will not be able to buy a 1080p front projector for $4,000. You can't even buy the projector for $4,000.

4. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Sony Pearl VPL-VW50 1080p SXRD projector has an MSRP of $4,999. As Jim noted, you won't find a 1080p projector within your budget today, but hopefully this time next year!