1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to upgrade...need suggestions!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by gjackson78, Sep 29, 2006.

1. gjackson78

gjackson78 Auditioning

Hey guys i have an old Hitachi 54' widescreen rear projection tv and I'm looking to upgrade to either a DLP rear or a front projection. I want something that does 1080p. I'd like to have the least "stuff" in the way so I was thinking the front projection may make the most sense. Do you have any ideas on a good setup? Let me know. Price total including screen would like to be in the 3-4k range.

Gary

2. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Hi Gary - I would recommend looking at the JVC D-ILA and Sony SXRD sets. Both use LCoS technology, which offers far superior picture quality to DLP and LCD. These 1080p sets can definately meet your budget. For instance, take a look at the JVC 61" HD-61FH97.

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    You will not be able to buy a 1080p front projector for $4,000. You can't even buy the projector for $4,000.

4. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Sony Pearl VPL-VW50 1080p SXRD projector has an MSRP of $4,999. As Jim noted, you won't find a 1080p projector within your budget today, but hopefully this time next year!