What's new

Looking to upgrade my old Denom 1800. What should I get? (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
marantz makes a good match. Well the paradigm dealer guy told me to get denon or marantz he said yamaha is way overrated and that I should see whats inside of one. He said its cheaply made. But if anyone had there choice to choose a marantz 5400, yamaha 740 or denon 2803. Which one shoudl it be. Also the yamaha 1400 but thats to steap for my price. Marantz also makes the 6400. WHich of those would you guys get for paradigm speakers.

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
Ok I am looking to match up my paradighm mini monitors,atoms for surround and cc370 center. Which of these 2 receivers do you think will match better and overall be better with my set up. Are the 2 receivers practically the same. I have a 15x12 room with 12 foot ceiling. I am trying to fix my accoustics a bit though. What receiver would you get i can get the denon 2803 for 550

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
how about the yamaha rxv 1300 or 1400. IS the 1400 or 1300 basically the same price than the denon 2803. Also quality wise does the 2803 compare to the 1400 or 1300. If i used the same speakers and I used the yamaha 1400 or 1300 and then i used the denon 2803 would I hear any difference and if so what distinguishes these 4 receivers that I have mentioned above. My question is what is the difference from the rxv 740 to the 1400 and how do those 2 compare to the denon 2803

John S

Senior HTF Member
I tend to like the sound of Denon out of those two manufactures with Paradigm. Others may have different preferences though.

I'm a biased Denon fan though....

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
To be honest with you I have about 550 dollars to spend and I want to spend it by purchasing the best receiver for 550 dollars that I can buy. The thing is if someone can tell me that I can buy the yamaha 1400 for the same price than the denon 2803 and they tell me that the 1400 just out performs the 2803 in sound quality then I will go with the yamaha. I just want to hear alot of opinions in here and then decide. SO basically I want to know if the denon will sound better or the same as the yamaha wit the paradigm

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I compared the 2802 against the 1300 (I think it was). I ended up getting the Denon. I thought it sounded better with my Klipsch speakers. But that just my opinion.

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
ok any comparison of the 1400 vs the 2803 in terms of sound quality. Cause i know the yamha has that calibrating feature but to be honest wiht you i prefer sound quality over that feature

John S

Senior HTF Member
Well they both sound great, Yamaha still tend to sound bright to me is all. Denon is considered nuetral, H/K's are considered warm.

Paradigms tend to sound rather bright to me, so Denon and H/K make better matches to me. But this is all perception, you will find many that will say the Yamaha sounds better.

Sound is subjective ya know..

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
is there a denon 2804 model or are they jumping up to denon 2805 next. Also the local dealer told me to try out the marantz 5400 he said that this receiver would sound best for the paradigms he also said that the marantz receivers are better power ratings than the yamaha and denon. HAs anyone checked out the marantz 5400

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
Do you think the marantz 5400 will make a better match for my paradigm speakers or will denon be a better match

RobCar

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard that Yamaha tends to match up very well with Paradigms but not, for example, with Klipsch. I know from personal experience that Yamaha sounds great with Boston Accoustics.

Anyway, I think it's personal preference and something of a toss up. Can't go wrong with either.

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
anyone else. I am going to buy my receiver tomorrow. Denon 2803,yamaha rxv 1400 maybe its to pricey or Marantz 5400

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
hey guys i need your help. I am going to buy it tomorrow should i go with the yamaha 1400 for 620 dollars or the denon 2803 for 548. what woudl you guys do with my set up. PAradigm mini, atom for rears and 370 center

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
Try them all and let us know which one you like. See if your local dealer will let you audition each of them for a few days and see which one you like. Then you can come back and tell us which one is the best. They are all good. They all have a few different functions but they are all quality pieces. Try one in your room with different types of music for a few days. Take it back in and try another one. Repeat until you are satisfied. I have a Yam and am trying a Denon right now. I will probably try a H/K before I get my new receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks