1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to replace my Polk PSW 125 Sub

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Dustin Windsor, Oct 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dustin Windsor

Dustin Windsor Auditioning

Dustin
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my Polk Audio PSW 125 sub. Anything on the market i should be looking at?
    I do live in a 1 bedroom apartment (need to keep that in mind lol).

I have:
    - PSB Imagine C - Centre.
    -Martin Logan Motion 10 towers(may replace soon with PSB Imagine X1T or X2T).
    -Martin Logan Motion 2 Surround
    - Aventage Series YAMAHA RX-A1050

Everyone was so helpful i had to ask again!

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
  3. Race Bannon

Race Bannon Supporting Actor

Jay
    The new SVS models, PB16 Ultra and SB16 Ultra.

4. Luke Cool

Luke Cool Stunt Coordinator

Joe
    The PB16 Ultra and SB16 Ultra are great subs. But for his use, they are extreme overkill. Both are very heavy (like 200 pounds) and humongously large. It IS a 1 bedroom apartment. No doubt it would sound great, but where would he sit. The SVS PB2000 that I own may even be a little too big. I live on an half acer lot, and the neighbor across the street complains about the bass rattling his windows; And I listen at a moderate comfortable level. If he bought any of the 12 inch or bigger SVS subs, it wouldn't take long for him to get kicked out of his apartment. To really enjoy a nice system takes a lot of very understanding neighbors, or a good size peace of property.
    I do agree that SVS is the way to go. Very tight, subtle, bass. A bass that you can feel almost more than you can hear. The sealed ones are smaller, but I prefer ported, hands down. If you have the room for my sub, it's more than enough for you. If you don't, the PB1000 is also nice. If you decide to try the Ultra like Race suggested, you will be extremely impressed, as will the police when they show up at your door.

5. Luke Cool

Luke Cool Stunt Coordinator

Joe
    Robert, now you're making fun of his lack of details. A Thors Hammer + controller + cables, comes to $30,000. If he had that to spend on a subwoofer, he'd be in a house. Room size, available placement space, and cost range, are all necessary information in a query like this. This thread poster appears to be MIA anyway.