Looking to hire consultant in Twin Cities area

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Troy Stu, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Troy Stu

Troy Stu Auditioning

Mar 1, 2004
    Looking for help in finding/selecting someone to assist in the building of my HT.
    I am not doing the work myself, but need someone that can help with the process of building out the room (it is already framed in) for sound, screen, wiring, decor, basically everything. I know how important the room is and want to get it right. What should I look for when hiring someone? Also,I don't have a huge budget but would like to start with a nice space wired and decor for HT, and then add/upgrade as my budget allows.

There seems to be a lot of local installers that mainly do household security, wiring, etc. plus HT, but it doesn't seem their expertise is in HT. Also, some of the companies I've checked into that will build a home theater seem limited on their equipment offerings.
    Any guidance in which step to take next would be appreciated!
  2. Brad Wood

Brad Wood Stunt Coordinator

Nov 25, 2002
    I live in South Minneapolis and am a design engineer for an A/V contractor. I don't do that kind of work myself, at least until I'm ready to build my own home theater, but I have alot of design experience and can refer you to some good people in town who do that. If you need some advice, just drop me a line.

Brad Woodhouse
    Minneapolis, MN