What's new

Looking to connect 2 TV's to a digital antenna. Surround sound? (1 Viewer)

rivrbyte

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Looking to connect 2 TV's to a digital antenna. Surround sound?

I live in a mobile home in a hilly area, about 35-50 miles from Los Angeles, Ca.
I wanted to know if I could connect some type of antenna, to two separate TV's, using a coaxial splitter. The TV's are in close proximity. One in the master, the other in the living room, as the crow flies, about 16', but is hung up on the other side of this partition wall.)

*Master bedroom ~ An old Samsung TV (2008) HDMI, (not smart) and I use only with Apple TV box for streaming.

*Main Living room ~ My newer (2010) Samsung Smart TV.
Yamaha 7.1 AVR, and everything connects to this, IE: Blu-Ray player, Time Warner HD box, Wall mounted TV,

EVERYTHING CONNECTS TO MY YAMAHA AVR.

My phone/internet router is at one end of the house, and the tvs' are the opposite end, so i would need fast enough Wi-Fi, at the minimum of 50mbps, to push with the help of a netgear extender, the signal to both TV's.

Would it be possible to find a VHF, UHF, WITH FM, antenna, that would bring the FM signal to my AVR, in the living room, as well as the digital channels to both my TV's, using a coaxial splitter, or would the quality be diminished? Should i shine on the FM mode, and only stick with UHF/VHF, and buy two cheap flat antennas, to only get a few channels, and not care about sending this through my surround sound?

So rooftop or hanging on a wall. I don't want to spend money on terrible products, that will not work, and i am not that well versed in this area.

To send a signal to both tv's 50'-60' feet away, from Internet router, I will need cheap fast Internet,
So if TW is charging me $10 for phone, and $35.00 for internet, with the help of these antennas, then it will be worth it in the long run. I saw on youtube that the newer antennas do not work well with TV's older than 2006. If i can't do this, with both TV's, then I may buy a better rooftop, and connect to surround, and then buy a smaller flat type for my master bed room. Can anyone recommend any of each kind and whether you are happy or not. thank you!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
antennaweb.org

You can split an antenna 1000 ways if you want. Just need the right signal booster to cover the "gross"* feet of the cable.

*meaning all cable counts. antenna head to first splitter...say 15ft.

One run another 15 ft.

Another 30ft

Split there at 5ft each(AVR and TV)...

That is 70ft of cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks