What's new

Looking to change out my reciever for.. (1 Viewer)

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I currently own a RCA RT2550 which I bought a couple of years ago, and recently one of the rear channels stopped working, and since it was kinda outdated anyways(does 250W, no DTS or DPL2), I was looking at buying a new reciever since I already upgraded all my speakers/sub, but I'm stuck on which one to get.
Right now I can't decide on whether to get
JVC RX-6030VBK or
Panasonic SAHE75K or finally
Sony STRDE595
If you click on the name, you can see all the specs on the receivers, the prices are almost identical and right now I'm kinda leaning towards the Panasonic one, all I would use it for would be DVD movies and PS2 but if someone can make a recommendation, that would be great :D

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
For the price and $100 less you can get a reciever which is a little better than those 3 choices you are looking at. Also, avoid the lower-end Sony no matter how good they look, they are not built well.

http://www.soundcity.com/show4.php?i...Kardon&id3=170

SoundCity has the Harman/Kardon AVR-125 for $199 refurbished. It comes with the FULL manufacturers warranty and SoundCity is also an authorized dealer so you will be covered if there is something wrong with the receiver ever.

Enjoy.

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your replay and info on the Sony reciever.

I'll look into the KH reciever you mentioned, there isn't any Sound City stores up here in B.C. I think, and if I order online, I'll be charged customs and taxes for sure, but if it's a better deal I'll still look into it :D

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well it is $200 refurb at SoundCity so if you can give them a call ask them if they will ship it. It might end up being about $230 or $240 but you should still be ok, the AVR-125 is a great piece and in my opinion is much better than the models you are looking at..

In terms of quality, customer service, performance, it beats them all out 10 fold.

Good hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks