What's new

Looking To Buy... (1 Viewer)

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to buy a HD player to compliment my Blu-ray setup and was wondering what is the best player available. Should I wait for the release of the new third gen. players and if so, which brand and model. Thanks.

B.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

It really depends on your setup and budget. Best buy right now is the HD-A2, best overall quality is the HD-XA2. Both are G2 machines, but the XA2 is still the flagship. If you have a receiver capable of decoding the new HD formats (DD+/TrueHD/DTS-HD), then you may want to check out the HD-A35, which is the first HD DVD player to pass the HD audio via bitstream for decoding in the receiver.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I'm looking at upgrading my HD-A1 with a HD-AX2 or HD-A20 simply because it has a better upconverting chip (Reon) than the new 3rd generation models. SD DVD is still a huge part of my collection, and likely will be for some time, so upconverting is very important to me.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Early user reports on AVS concerned the Toshiba A35 have been very positive, including in head-to-head upconversion comparision with the XA2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C2evo22
Recent bookmarks