What's new

Looking to Buy Panasonic TH-42PD25UP EDTV, need your help! (1 Viewer)

RandyAlbert

Auditioning
Alright Folks, I'm diving in! I have a 32" RCA TV that just isn't cutting it anymore. I just moved to a great older home and I'm looking for answers!

The purchase I have in mind is the Panasonic TH-42PD25U/P.. After reading reviews from CNet, Consumer Reports and seeing it in person - I am very impressed. I'm mounting this tv above my Fire Place (which won't be used) and will be viewing it from a distance of about 6ft.

What are your thoughts on this model. I am open to ANY opinions you may have. Seems like MANY of you own panasonic models. I will be ordering this unit online from plasmawholesale.com (That's the plan anyway)... Please give me any comments you may have! Input sources will be Adelphia Digital Cable w/ HDTV and a Sony Progressive Scan DVD player. I am making an audio system purchase also, which will be my next post. Help a fellow enthusiast - Please! Thanks!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Randy, please ask about TVs in the area designated for such discussions. A/V Sources is for talking about program-source components.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Nice choice. I have the 6UY, which is the industrial version of that one, using the same panel. The 7UY is 1 generation newer, with improved brightness and a few other tweaks.

SimiA

Second Unit
As gabriel said, "Nice choice".
I like the UY models a little more, just b/c they offer more picture adjustments, and since I had a surround sound system and an STB, I saved a few $$.
One thought though. Some of us can see the screen door of the panel at 6ft. If you can, check one out in person at that distance, just to be sure you don't notice it.
Vb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks