Looking to buy old skateboards

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeNeuman, Sep 29, 2002.

1. MikeNeuman

MikeNeuman Auditioning

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone here had any old skateboards to sell to me. I'm looking for anything 1996 and earlier. I don't care if it's a little thrashed. Please lemme know. Thanks.
    -Mike
    [email protected]

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I've got an old Acme Weirdo Slick skateboard. I'd sell it, but not too sure how I'd ship it too you. If your really interested I can take pics for you.

3. MikeNeuman

MikeNeuman Auditioning

Hey, I am definitly interested. And a picture would be great. Thanks!

4. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I sent you an e-mail Mike with some pics. Lemme know what ya think.

5. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I've got an old santa cruz. It was like $150 new. Its one of the old style boards thats very curvy and not so flat like new "street boards" I dont have a pic.

6. MikeNeuman

MikeNeuman Auditioning

Hey Charles. I am definitly interested. Could you guess what year it is from? Also, what is the graphic on the bottom of the board? Please e-mail me at [email protected] .
    Thanks!!
    -Mike

7. Charles J P

CJ Paul
    Its from about 1990. And its got knights stuff on the bottom like a shield, helmet, mace or spiked ball on-a-chain, etc. Its also got a graphic on the top and its covered with that grip tape, but its that clear grip tape. I hardly ever used it because I lived on a farm and right after I got it they told us we couldnt bring them to school any more for liability reasons.

8. MikeNeuman

MikeNeuman Auditioning

Does it say "Soren Abbey" on it?

9. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Second Unit

Jonathan Burk
    Ahhh, the memories. I used to have a Rob Roskop 2 (sp?), a Gator, and a Powel Peralta (at one time or another) in grade school. Don't have them anymore though...

10. Charles J P

CJ Paul
    No idea, I should caveat all this by saying it was at my parents from the time that I got it in 1990ish until I tried to sell it when I was in college (around 2000) and then I sent it back home. I will have to make sure they still have it and then take a closer look at it.

11. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

Mike,

I built a Powell/Peralta board in 1987. It was the R.I.P. graphic. Should still be hanging in my parent's garage. Any interest? What would you pay?

12. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

Hi Mike,
    hmmm... maybe I should get you my logan earth ski and my original jay adams z-flex... not! [​IMG] Seeing as I haven't gotten them yet. What period are you most interested in? I'll keep my eyes out around here; the kids here were mostly World slaves (plan b, 101, world, blind). I actually liked that period. Rodney in a recent interview said that that period was some of his best skating ever (questionable/virtual reality era). I actually saw kids forgo the wheels; just skated on bearings. No joke.
    As for me, I'm just chillin with my Gravity longboard for cruising and my Shorty's Muska for flippity floppity work. [​IMG]
    What u skatin, Mike?

13. MikeNeuman

MikeNeuman Auditioning

Charles, please check and get back to me. Thanks.

Scott, I am interested. What condition is it in? Can you get a photo? Thanks.

Kevin, Early 90's Plan B, World, Blind, 101 is actually my favorite, but I am looking for anything pre-1996 that you have or you can get. Please get back to me. Thanks!!!

14. Sujeet Patel

Sujeet Patel Stunt Coordinator

What are you looking to pay? I've got a few from the late 80s that are in pretty good condition and such.. PM me if you don't want to make it public knowledge.. Thanks.

15. Charles J P

CJ Paul
    Mike, the good news is, I will probably be picking the board up from my parents this weekend. I will let you know more details about what exactly it is.

16. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

Hey Mike,
    I have an old (pre 90's) powell, its a lance mountian with gullwing trucks and bullet 66 wheels. its in ok shape. any intrest?
    Mike!

p.s. Mike, where are you from? I have a brother in law with the same name.

17. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Well, I have a really weird piece of garbage board, definitely pre-'96. It's a big cheap board with the American flag as the graphic on the bottom, but I put a lot of dumb-ass stickers and quotes all over it. It looks incredibly lame and juvenile. I also put some big-ass orange wheels on it- basically removed everything from the board and replaced with some decent stuff. It's... weird.
    But you can have it if you want. It will provide endless hours of "I can't believe how corny this is!" type jokes. [​IMG]

18. MikeNeuman

MikeNeuman Auditioning

Mike Boettner, what is the graphic on the board? Also what color is it? Could you get a photo? Thanks.

Mike Broadman, what else is on the graphic that actually came with the new board, not counting stickers you put on? What company is it from? THanks!

19. MikeNeuman

MikeNeuman Auditioning

I had all of these leads and then none of you responded. What's the deal people?

20. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I sent you pictures of my board, and you never responded, so it's the other way around.