What's new

Looking to buy new receiver for HT setup (1 Viewer)

Jay_Kr

Auditioning
Hi, I posted a similar thread a while back but didn't really get much response, so I thought I'd give this another try.

I've upgraded my HT - I've bought the Infinity Beta 50's as front speakers, the C360 center channel, and the PS12 subwoofer.

I'm looking to upgrade the receiver - is there any particular brand that tends to work better with Infinity speakers?

Ultimate Electronics in my town carries Pioneer, Denon and Yamaha. Circuit City carries HK and has one Onkyo (the TX-801 I believe).

Any suggestions on what brand and/or model I should consider will be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to spend under $1000 if at all possible.

Basically I'm looking for something powerful enough to drive my system, but not necessarily all the latest little doohickies and gadgets (for example, iPod connections aren't necessary, I don't even own one).

John S

Senior HTF Member
Check out a Yamaha 5890, power as well as all the latest doohickies and gadgets. :)

The most powerfull AVR in the under $1000 I have comne across. Denon may mix a little better with the speakers. hard to say, the room has just as much impact on it really.

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
There is a new Onkyo that is supposed to be available very shortly. the 803. from what I've seen it has 2 HDMI inputs and one HDMI output - very good thing to have if you have several video sources. also looks like it upconverts all inputs to HDMI (I think I read that - correct me if I'm wrong)
I'm putting off replacing my amp until I can get ahold of one of these. price should be around that 1K price range that you (and I) are looking at....
oh yeah, also has built in XM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks