What's new

Looking to buy an inexpensive 27" (1 Viewer)

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Looking to buy this as a gift for some friends who have been having a string of bad luck lately. They are definitely not of the videophile sort, but I'd like to get them a quality set. I had bought my parents a Toshiba 27A41 two years ago and thought it was pretty darn nice for the $265ish I paid for it. I'd like to stick to that sort of price or cheaper. What out of the current crop should I take a look at? Component inputs are not a concern, but I'd imagine most probably have it these days anyway. Don't need PiP either. Just your basic set.

Thanks.

-Dave

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I picked up a Panasoinc 27" non-TAU stereo TV at CC for $249.00. The picture is great and it has S-Video, composite and Component inputs as well as a dedicated output for sound to your receiver. I use this in my bedroom HT setup and it replaced a nice APEX 27" stereo TV I had bought at Wal-Mart for $179.99. I sold the APEX, not because of any problems with it, but it didn't have component inputs and just had S-Video. In fact the APEX PQ was excellent. Other than the input limitations, the only other issue I had with it was that it didn't "remember" the last input you had it tuned to, i.e., Video1, Video2, etc. It always reverted to the last cable channel you were watching prior to your turning it off or switching to a particular video source.

M_a_r_k^NE

Agent
Best Buy has a Sansui 27" inch flat or near flat for under $200.00 In stereo sound too. The speakers are on the bottom and not on the sides which is a good feature. I dont like the side speakers. Dont be fooled by the brand name, its a good quality picture. Best deal out there for 27 inch TVs IMO. What are you waiting for?

Jon_Miller

Auditioning
Get the Samsung TXN2775HF. Its relatively cheap, and its cost/efficiency beats out any other 27" CRT. Take it from me. It has all the features you need, none you don't. Its spectacular. Buy it. :)

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Get the Samsung TXN2775HF. Its relatively cheap, and its cost/efficiency beats out any other 27" CRT. Take it from me. It has all the features you need, none you don't. Its spectacular. Buy it. :)
At $700ish it's a little out of my targeted price range.:) Besides, the TV they have now that crapped out is a Samsung, so I'd like to avoid that brand.

Anyone have any opinions on the Toshiba 27A43? Seems like this would be the successor to the model I bought my parents a few years ago. Can't find any reviews on the net for it though.

-Dave

Jon_Miller

Auditioning
That Samsung is the best 27" television on the market. The only thing better is the Tantus version. Samsung is probably the best television manufacturer on the market bucko. You need to do your research.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks