Looking to buy a TV for my HT Setup--

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Morrison, Jul 10, 2002.

1. James Morrison

Hi,

I'm looking to get a TV for my HT setup. I'd like to keep it around $1,500.00. Myabe a 45"-54"? I'm not really sure how big of one I should get. Any help is apreciated!

Thanks,

James

2. Brandon Blair

Brandon Blair Stunt Coordinator

James,

You need to check out the Panasonic 47" HDTV. It is right in the price range your looking at and it is a pretty good tv. I know that they carry it at Best Buys in Birmingham, they also have it among others at Audio Forest off of Hwy 280. I think Toshiba has some good TV's in that price range as well, but personally i prefer the panasonic.

Good Luck,
    Brandon

3. James Morrison

Is that a projector? Or an all in one unit?

Thanks,

James M.

4. Brandon Blair

Brandon Blair Stunt Coordinator

Its all in one. I'm not a big expert on the projectors, but i'm pretty sure in that price range its gonna be tuff to find a decent projector and screen. Definetely look around and see as many different brands as you can, there are a lot of opinions on these boards, but by far the most important part is your own personal preference, and the only way to find that is by seeing for yourself as many different options as possible.

Good Luck,
    Brandon

5. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

I just got a 42" Toshiba (42H81) from OneCall.com for $1569.10, delivered. I love it! It's a rear projector, very shallow, high SAF. Check it out...the price is due to a model closeout so don't wait too long. [​IMG]
    Jan