What's new

Looking to buy a small TV for DVD and videogames, recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I am looking to buy a 20-27 inch television. I saw a 20 inch Zenith flatscreen for $368(Canadian) at wal-mart, the picture looked decent and I'm sure it would look awesome calibrated(it was being fed a video signal that was split many times and the red level was too high). I want something small enough to bring to university. It will mostly be used for DVD watching and X-Box gaming. Sound quality is irrelevant because all sound will be handled by my 5.1 system.

Is the Zenith a good choice or are there better options in this price range?

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I really prefer Samsung televisions. Do you have to have a flatscreen. If not, a 27" Samsung can be had for around $220-$250 (US). I think the quality is extremely good for the price/size.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I could live without a flatscreen as long as the picture quality was good. What is the specific model I should research?

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Hey Justin, I recommend a Toshiba 20AF42. This is a 20" flat screen with s-video and component inputs. It would be excellent for your gaming needs. Easy to transport and set up too. I got mine at Best Buy a couple of months ago for $279.00 , but I saw it there recently for $259.00. How can you pass it up?

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
The above mentioned price must be american dollars right?
So basically I will be getting a basic 27-inch or a higher end 20 inch. Would a component input really even be of benefit on a 20 inch screen?

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
American dollars is right sir. The way I figure, the component inputs probably help clean up the colors on any size screen. I saw a 14" toshiba or sharp that also had component inputs, so it must not be a size thing .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks