Looking to buy a small TV for DVD and videogames, recommendations?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin Ward, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

I am looking to buy a 20-27 inch television. I saw a 20 inch Zenith flatscreen for $368(Canadian) at wal-mart, the picture looked decent and I'm sure it would look awesome calibrated(it was being fed a video signal that was split many times and the red level was too high). I want something small enough to bring to university. It will mostly be used for DVD watching and X-Box gaming. Sound quality is irrelevant because all sound will be handled by my 5.1 system.

Is the Zenith a good choice or are there better options in this price range?

2. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

I really prefer Samsung televisions. Do you have to have a flatscreen. If not, a 27" Samsung can be had for around $220-$250 (US). I think the quality is extremely good for the price/size.

3. Justin Ward

I could live without a flatscreen as long as the picture quality was good. What is the specific model I should research?

4. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Hey Justin, I recommend a Toshiba 20AF42. This is a 20" flat screen with s-video and component inputs. It would be excellent for your gaming needs. Easy to transport and set up too. I got mine at Best Buy a couple of months ago for $279.00 , but I saw it there recently for $259.00. How can you pass it up?

5. Justin Ward

The above mentioned price must be american dollars right?
    So basically I will be getting a basic 27-inch or a higher end 20 inch. Would a component input really even be of benefit on a 20 inch screen?

6. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

American dollars is right sir. The way I figure, the component inputs probably help clean up the colors on any size screen. I saw a 14" toshiba or sharp that also had component inputs, so it must not be a size thing .