What's new

looking to buy a portable cd/mp3 player (1 Viewer)

DeT

Agent
I am looking to buy a portable cd/mp3 player for my sister which currently live in the dorm room.

I am currently looking at the Sony D-CJ500. The spec said that they got a " DC Input: used for an optional AC adapter ".
So what is that mean? Is that mean I can buy an adapter and plug it into the wall to power the Sony up? If so, what kind of adapter I am looking for and how many volts should the adapter output?

The adapter I got right now have the option for 12,9,7.5,6,4.5,3 volts. And also the switch between 300mA and 100mA, don't know what that is. But will this adapter work with this Sony I am looking at? Its called Plug-In Class 2 Transformer by the way.

thanks

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Most CD players need 4.5 volts and a minimum of 600 ma. Thats what my old Panasonic portable CD player needed and thats what the iRiver Slim-X iMP350 takes (which I picked up recently and typed about in the above link). The adapter for both are exactly that, 4.5 volts with 600 ma. Your adapter does not have enough current to run most CD players.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks