What's new

Looking to buy a cheap popcorn machine.. what would you guys recommend? (1 Viewer)

Vasant56

Auditioning
Real Name
Vasant
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap movie style popcorn maker (mabye around $100), I heard of the 2oz Kettle Popcorn Maker(amazon.com/Kettle-Popcorn-Maker-Popper-Machine/dp/B000FSQF1A), and it looks ok, but do you guys have any opinions of it? I was worried how much popcorn it would make. How much is 2 ounces? Do you guys have any other recommendations for other popcorn machines? I want one that makes the same popcorn as in the movie theatres.

Thanks a bunch

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Don't most places buy the popcorn in giant bags and pour it in then pour on some butter flavored oil?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I don't think so. Some places do, particularly the "Multiplex" chain, but I think most places pop it. The difference in volume between popped and unpopped popcorn make shipping a very expensive proposition for "pre-popped bags" compared to kernels.

I can't help with the popcorn machine. I've got one that's commonly sold, it's red with a light and tiltable bucket. It looks great as a prop but it doesn't make very good popcorn. IMO the best home popcorn machine is a microwave oven.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I saw one at Sam's club but its $200. Don't know if u can swing that. I have a popcorn machine which I got for $400 with the cart. I have to disagree with Phillip though. Everyone who's tried our popcorn here says its the best they ever ate...like in the movie houses. I can never return to microwave popcorn.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Oh, yea. The snap-packs do it. 100% perfect authentic movie theater popcorn. Amazingly wonderful tasting and they make my whole basement smell like the movies. Love them!!!!!

The key is the coconut oil.

Gil Clark

Grip
I've been looking to get a popcorn maker too but had questiona about the steam or possible splatter. How much is put out and will it affect the placement of the machine, that is, keep away from walls and low ceilings? Will the steam have any affect on walls or ceiling? And what about ventalation in the room as well?

Thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My popcorn maker is called Amy. The popping is done in the kitchen and delivered to me in the theater along with a refreshing beverage. The cost was free in the beginning but the upkeep is pretty high. In the last year it has cost me a new car and a diamond ring.

-Robert

John Gido

Second Unit

That is hysterical! Thanks for my laugh of the day. :laugh:

If you really want to "cheap out", for about $25 you could get the "Whirly Pop" stove-top popper or the "Stir Crazy" electric for about $40. Both work great with "Mega-Pop" pre-packaged popcorn packs.

I love my Whirly Pop due to the fact that I do not have room for a full sized machine yet. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks