What's new

Looking speakers (1 Viewer)

Marchenamarta12

Auditioning
Real Name
Marta
I recently bought a record player and was looking at speakers for the player but was possibly wanting to plug my tv up to the speakers as well.

Here is the record player - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008872SIO/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1490559865&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=record+lacestitadelbebe+player&dpPl=1&dpID=41r7Qsa8SUL&ref=plSrch

Here are the speakers I was looking at - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016P9HJIA/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490559929&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=shelf+speakers&dpPl=1&dpID=41JdMdErl7L&ref=plSrch

And here are the inputs on my tv-

IMG_0189 by pleasehelpmeaudio posted Mar 26, 2017 at 3:27 PM

Is this possible to plug my record player and tv to the speakers and how should I do this if it is possible? Do I need a converter box?

I know this doesn't qualify as "home theater" but I just thought any speakers would be better than what is coming out of my tv.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The first link redirected to a site specializing in products for infant.

The speakers have two pairs of RCA inputs, which means they can handle two separate signal sources (provided you can figure out how to switch between them – it isn’t readily apparent from the Amazon pictures).

Your TV will require RCA outputs to connect to the speakers, or a headphone jack that you can use with an adapter cable (headphone plug > two RCA cables). Everything visible in the picture you posted are inputs – no outputs of any kind are shown.

Your turntable might plug directly into the speakers, as long as it has a built-in preamp (can’t tell anything about it due to the bad link). If it doesn’t, outboard preamps don’t cost much. If one is required, the turntable would connect to the preamp inputs, and the preamp outputs would connect to the speakers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hickskeith007
Recent bookmarks