1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking forward to the next generation...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Bardon, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

So I can finally catch up on all the games in THIS generation. Just when I was getting close to caught up (which means only 7 or 8 games that I haven't finished yet) a used game sale at Blockbuster gets me Prince of Persia 2, Bard's Tale, Alien Hominid, and Viewtiful Joe 2, and I pick up new copies of Doom 3 and Jade Empire...and I still want to grab Psychonauts next week when it finally comes out. We'll be into next gen mode soon enough though, which means that current generation releases should dry up a little.

So many games, so little time...

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

My current mantra. [​IMG] If you can believe it I'm trying to finish Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow so I can start Chaos Theory! Likewise I need to finish Prince of Persia to pick up the latest. Full Spectrum Warrior went cheap so I tried that - very cool. Wish I could play. :b Still waiting for underwear to come back from the cleaners after sampling a bit of Doom 3 (bought on a whim). And those are the ones I can remember from my stack. Thankfully I only have one console.

3. Chris Bardon

Actually, I just finished Pandora tomorrow last week myself. Haven't picked up chaos theory yet though-will probably wait until I can find a cheap copy down the line.

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Was going to do that very thing but I wanted the Limited Edition (which really isn't that limited [​IMG] ) so I took the plunge.

5. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I always love the new generation but this time it seems like its coming a little too fast after the release of the last batch of consoles. But even if im still wanting to play a hundred game from this generation Im still like the lady on the Mervins comercial tapping on the window with her fingers saying, "Open" "Open" "Open". haha [​IMG]

I usually wait for all games to go down in price. I can never play a game that much when it first comes out due to school, kids etc to justify buying it for $50 so it just seems like a waste of money for me. I usuallt wait for a while and search eBay for a title I want to play. I actually just picked up Midnight Club 3 at full price though, hehe, I couldnt wait on that one to try it out since I love the series so much. Splinter Cell Chaos is definetly on my list of dying to play but I will wait it out.

6. Thomas Nichols

Thomas Nichols Stunt Coordinator

Wow has turned my beloved Xbox into an ex-box.

:b

7. Chris Bardon

So add to that list another 4 Xbox games (checked out another Blockbuster location last night for more cheap used game goodness). Oddworld Stranger, Punisher, XIII and Blinx 2 ($10 each for the last 2) should keep me busy for a while.

Of course, this means no psychonauts for a while. On one hand I want DoubleFine to do really well with the game, but on the other hand I want to be able to get a cheap copy in 6 months.

Still, too many good games to play isn't really that bad a problem to have in the grand scheme of things.

I've heeard this from a few people. This is part of the reason that I haven't gotten into any online games-I know I'd just end up playing way too much...

8. James T

James T Screenwriter

I remember back in the Everquest I days, the nickname was Evercrack. I have never taken interest in those online type games. Jedi Knight II and Halo 2 have taken a lot of my online time, but other than that....I'm pretty meh about online games.

I usually know within a couple hours of playing a game whether it's worthy enough for me to finish. Right now, I'm playing the Incredibles(which got so-so reviews) and I'm having a blast playing with my sister. I loved KOTOR, but for some reason, have no interest in Jade Empire. I love the whole stealth/action games with Metal Gear, but for some reason, don't really care for Splinter Cell (I tried the first two and didn't get too far before calling it quits).

And speaking of latest games....I gotta call EB to see if the new wrestling game for Xbox is in.

9. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

I agree, but I'm more of a computer user. Probably the only game that I'll buy at full price this year is the new Zelda game for the Gamecube, that is if comes out this year.

I've recently bought the following cheap:

Knights of the Old Republic

Deus Ex 2

Thief 3

No One Lives Forever 2

Far Cry

Morrowind