Looking for Yamaha RX-V3000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Brantley, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Mike Brantley

Mike Brantley Stunt Coordinator

I've given up waiting on Etronics to ship me the Yamaha RX-V3000 I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I'm canceling that order and am now looking for a nother good deal on the 3000. I don't want the new 3200. I prefer to find a good closeout deal on the 3000 from a reputable source.
    Anybody know where I should look? Anybody out here a dealer who wants to clear one of these from stock? Let me know.
    Also, thanks to everyone who offered me excellent receiver advice on my previous thread, which was lost in the big HTF hard drive crash of 2002. [​IMG] It helped me determine the RX-V3000 is perfect for me, even though it doesn't ahve DPLII. I'm willing to give up that for everything else the 3000 has, especially if I can get a price around $1000.

2. ken thompson

ken thompson Second Unit

Sound Advice is selling them for $999. Not sure if this is a good deal though. I haven't looked at the prices of receivers lately. Still happy with my lowly 2095.

3. Mike Brantley

Thanks, Ken. That's the price I'm willing to jump on. What is Sound Advice? Is that a Web business, a chain, a local business? Thanks!!

4. ken thompson

ken thompson Second Unit

Sound Advice is a chain here in Florida. I'm not sure if they have stores outside of Florida or not. Their web site is www.wegivesoundadvice.com The ad for $999 was in the news papaer over the weekend. The website still shows $1,999. I guess you'll need to call them.

5. Mike Brantley

Got one! I found a different authorized dealer in Florida willing to ship me his last 3000 for $9 less than the etronics price. It'll be here tomorrow. I promptly canceled the etronics order, which I enjoyed doing since I felt they had been less than truthful about their inventory status.
    Now... gotta start savine some money for an SVS sub... [​IMG]
    Thanks again for the Sound Advice tip. I don't think they would have shipped to me, but telling my guy about their price got me a better deal, I think.