Looking for webcam recommendations....

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Brian Price, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Brian Price

Brian Price Stunt Coordinator

My wife is heading to Australia for 4 weeks and I thought it would be a good idea to get two webcams so we can chat using video via Yahoo Messenger. There seem to be a ton of webcams out there and I was hoping to get some recommendations. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I do want decent video performance from the cam...preferably 640x480 @30fps if possibel. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brian Price

2. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    Brian,

I use a creative FX which fits your requirements and it works very well. I live in Japan and conference with family back in the states via MSN Messenger 7.5. I can't comment on yahoo messenger but MSN is free and it works great.

Greg

3. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    Brian,

I just got home from work and checked my webcam. The model is the creative live, vice FX as previously stated. The cost was just around 50 dollars and it does [email protected] frames per second. It's a pretty good little webcam and it mounts quite nicely right on top of my laptop screen or my desktop flat screen monitor. Good luck.

Greg