What's new

Looking for video card with component output. (1 Viewer)

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I'm thinking of connecting my PC to the receiver, I have lots of movies on the hard drive. The sound card already has digital output (not sure if it's coaxial or optical, will check tonight), but the video card does not have component output. Any video card on the market with this output? Should I expect any problems integrating the PC with a HK 430 receiver? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

rob-h

Second Unit
There are quite a lot. They require an adapter though. ATI sells one for is's cards directly off its web site.

You can go to new egg and look at the cards and included adapters in the pics. Sometimes its not listed in the specs or its listed as somethign goofy like "HD adapter".

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Or check out Nvidia Geforce cards, I am using a 6200 in HTPC and it came the dongle for component out. The ATI cards require a DVI to component out adaptor. Newegg has them for about 20 bucks.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I bought the Geforce 6600GT and it has a multitude of video outs, including s-vid, component, dvi, composite.

I also went to best buy and bought a cheap 5.1 sound card and used an optical cable to connect it to my receiver.

Works like a charm. I have over 300 full-quality dvds on multiple hard drives, and this is how i do it.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

Thats exactly what Im doing right now. Got my 250GB hard drive coming in the mail and just got the video and audio cables today.:D

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
Does the specs of the PC matter? Meaning, can I get some cheapo PC with celeron CPU? As long as I have an AGP slot for the video card and a PCI slot for the sound card, I'm set, right? Also, what player do you guys use? Nero? Windows Media Player? Cyberlink?

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks