Looking for video card help for HTPC

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Leo_P, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

I've been looking at hooking up my PC to my Samsung DLP.
    After reading people rave about the PQ they're getting from their HTPC's, I'm just curious how it'd compare to my Samsung HD-931 DVI DVD player. But mostly I'd like to play games on my TV.
    Anyway, I have no interest in building another PC, so I'm wondering if a dual output card is the ticket. I'd go DVI to the TV and VGA to my LCD monitor.
    I'm running a P4 2.4 overclocked to 2.7, an ATI AIW Radeon 8500 128mb, 1gig of PC2100 RAM, Win XP Pro.
    Newegg.com has something like THIS that seems like it might do the trick. Or will it?

2. BenSC

BenSC Stunt Coordinator

Link doesn't work for me.. But I have a Radeon 8500 and a Geforce4 5200fx (only 40 bucks) that do tri monitor. (DVI/VGA/Svid)

3. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

This link will take you to the manufacturer's website. Hopefully.:b
    Anyway, it's basically the same card I have (an 8500 w/128mb), but w/DVI, VGA and S-vid.
    My card is good enough for me, now. But would this other card give me enough "power" to run my LCD monitor and my DLP? Or would I be better off going with a 9x00 series card? Any nVidia cards I should be looking at?

4. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

What if I kept my present card hooked up as is and got a PCI video card to run to the TV? Would that work?