What's new

Looking for updated subwoofer output data (1 Viewer)

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Tom,
Are you talking about the original HGS-15 or the HGS-15II? BTW, thanks for providing another alternative to your SVS subs, knowing fully well that my wife will be the deciding factor here. If I had my way, I would get an SVS Ultra (or two!) and be done with it.>If you recall, I went through this decision about 10 months ago. We have so enjoyed the Titan IIs in our system with the Anthem AVM-20 that music has never sounded better. We went on a massive CD buying spree like never before. It has been great! But lately, especially with the AVM-20's DPL II upgrade, we have been focusing more on movies. We never really did press the Titan IIs the first 6 months or so we owned them. And it was my wife who noted that the bass performance and special effects during movies seemed to be lacking.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Tom,
"Sure I remember.I think you had some fabric covering question and stuff like that...
Yeah, the typical question about whether SVS subs are just pulsating cat posts in disguise! ;) One good point is even if the cats did "damage" the cloth (which I think would be difficult to do, given the swatch you sent me), it would not ruin the SVS subwoofer's ability to perform.
OTOH, have a cat claw through a cloth grill with a woofer right behind it (which was our issue with the M&K MX-125mkII) and the damage could be real. That's my hestitation with the Velodyne HGS and Paradigm Servo-15 & PW-2200 subs. And it will probably be the reason why I won't be purchasing another sub unless I am sure that the cats can't damage the woofer(s).
"I don't see why the WAF is so low on the SVS cylinders. They take up so little floor space and go right in the corner."
Richard, I am with you on this one. I tried to explain to my wife that our compact Titan IIs are 16.5" x 16.5" and actually take up more floor space than an SVS sub would. "But it looks like a small water heater!". Sigh. :frowning:
Michael

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Richard, I am with you on this one. I tried to explain to my wife that our compact Titan IIs are 16.5" x 16.5" and actually take up more floor space than an SVS sub would. "But it looks like a small water heater!". Sigh.
Maybe she wouldn't be as opposed if you showed her
this?
Laying on its side almost makes an SVS look like a little bomb. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks