Looking for Toronto, Ontario owner of SVS 20-39 sub or subs.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Curiosity of these subs has got me interested to see if I can find someone in the Toronto area, GTA or close by who has an SVS 20-39CS or PC or a pair of these subs. I'd like some input on ordering experience, total Canadian dollar cost to them and feedback on the performance.
    thanks for any info [​IMG]

2. Massimo N

Massimo N Stunt Coordinator

Hey Chris!
    I'm a proud owner of a single SVS20-39PC. The short review is this sub performs as advertized. Loud, low, flat non-boomy performance.
    Total cost (CDN$):
    SUB: $ 1190.70 (March 21,2001 exchange on MC)
    GST: $81.88
    PST: $93.58
    Brokerage Fee: $44.94
    Duty Disbusement Fee: $4.82
    Total Cost: $1415.92
    This is very dependent on our dollar. I paid $750USD for the sub. Other than the conversion, expect to pay PST&GST calculated on the CDN value at the time it hits the boarder. The brokerage fee is really reasonable, concidering the value of the product.
    If you don't mind making the trip to Kitchener, I'd be be happy to demo the sub. I have it paired with Paradigm Reference 40s all round.
    I almost forgot...my detailed review is at www.audioreview.com/
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Cheers!
    Mass

3. LarrySkelly

LarrySkelly Stunt Coordinator

I've got a pair of 16-46's in Whitby, but the CS series, not the powered cylinders. I'm going to have a few of the local HT Forum guys over when I get back from vacation, let me know if your interested; [email protected]
    Larry
    ------------------
    Upgrading: 'What if this is as good as it gets?'

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Thanks for the input guys. Whitby is next door to me, so I'll possibly take Larry's offer.
    How do the subs sound with music guys?

5. Michael D

Michael D Stunt Coordinator

Mass,
    That price would work out to about what you could get a Paradigm Servo-15 for, street value, not MSRP. Did you listen to the Servo prior to ordering the SVS, I too am thinking of ordering a pair of SVS subs, the size appeals to me and or course all the great reviews here.
    ------------------

6. Eugene Hsieh

Eugene Hsieh Supporting Actor

I can't remember the exact cost, but count on GST/PST and about $50 brokerage fees. (I got the 25-31PC).
    Note that I also agree with the Serve 15 option. VERY nice sub. Takes up a lot of floor real estate though.
    I'd offer a demo, but my speaker setup right now is not ideal. I am itching to get some Studio 40s or Studio 60s, plus a new CC. Also, I'm in a townhouse so I can't play things too loud. [​IMG]
    ------------------

7. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

It looks like I will be aquiring a Mirage BPS-400. I found an offer I couldn't refuse. $1092.00 Canadian including tax for a new, in the box BPS-400. Thats about $750.00 US including tax. Lowest I found it previously was $1300 plus tax or $900 US plus tax.
    Thanks for the information, especially Ron. He was very helpful and informative when I asked him questions about the SVS subs. Man I wish my Mirage would look as cool as the SVS! Oh well.